Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Help me with my decision >

Help me with my decision

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Help me with my decision

Old 12-17-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Help me with my decision

so i have a big decision to make and i need experience and help. for christmas i amd getting a good amount of money to get some hunting stuff. i have ttwo plans 1) get a nice new bow and a 10/22 to customize and make nice 2) Browning Silver hunter semi-auto. i need to know which one and why. i like the way the gun looks and ive always wanted one..but the same goes for the bow and 10/22. i can always get the gun later...but just let me know ur opinion. thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help me with my decision

all what you like to hunt.best shotgun made in my opinion is the BERATTA 12GA URICKA FIELDin 28 inch barrel.i hunt grouse ,pheasants.as for bow, i like martin recurve45/50 #, yes a recurve.i will out shoot any compound bow up to 25 shots.no sights, instintice shooting.i know my guns and i know my bows, if you need any info, i will help.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:46 AM

so sproulman you think your better then a compound shooter.... with a recurve... i know a kid that will put a dozen arrows in the whole the size of a quater at 40 yds..... you might be good though
Old 12-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

no way i can do that.30 yards is my limit and ,this is where i am accurate.i have to shoot at different targets with my arrows or i will split most at 20 yards.not better ,same up until 25 shots,then compound shooter is better.i own compound also.sorry, i made statement that i would out shoot compound.only i HAVE at range and they cant get over that i can do that.no sights.instintive shooting.been shooting for 40 years,started at 8 years old.i guess you can see that i favor recurve.here is reason, accurate, light,easy in tree,easy to carry, deadly to 30 yards,quiet on release, no mechincal problems. negatives, you must practice,build your arms.i am last here that use a recurvein my area.everything is compound.they are nice but i dont like feel, weight, sights, noise, repairs. here is great recurve that i am going to buy. its called BLACK WIDOW.it has a let off too on the 50 #that feels like 35#.i dont know if i will like that but will try it out..again, not making any fun of compound bow.only, i shoot much better with recurve and fun to carry in woods.i dont like weight of compound .take care.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:10 PM

ok fellas back to my question. no offense sproul but im looking for a compound
Old 12-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

buy a second hand compound on e-bay, is what i would do.