Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY Blaze Orange Bill >

NY Blaze Orange Bill

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Blaze Orange Bill

Old 12-17-2005, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY Blaze Orange Bill

It should be a choice. I wear it when I hunt on state land and only when walking to my stand on private property. When I reach my stand it comes off. If a hunter gets shot because he didn't wear orange then it is his own fault and should be his choice to take that risk. I feel it is also a bad idea cause some and I stress some hunters will take shots at anything that isn't orange. You'll hear shots and walk over and ask a guy "what did ya see?" He'll say "It was big and wasn't wearing orange so it had to be a deer." That is my thoughts and just my thoughts on the issue.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just don't want ANOTHER law attempting to regulate common sense. I'm sick of it! Stupid do gooders who think it is there responsibility and rightto tell the rest of us what to do because they have decided it's for our own good. Well as far as I'm concerned you people who want to pass another BS law like this can go straight to you know where. Don't pass go and don't collect $200 either. Take your self righteous, arrogant, Bertha Better than you attitude and jam it! I wear a seat belt in my car, a safety harness in my treestand, a hemet when I ride a motorcylce and blaze orange during gun season but I do all of these things because I'm an adult and I have decided to do so. I don't need any jerks from Albany or anyplace else telling me to. If some of you want to be treated like children fine but I don't! Boy this kind of thing reallyriles me!
Old 12-17-2005, 06:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

I just don't want ANOTHER law attempting to regulate common sense. I'm sick of it! Stupid do gooders who think it is there responsibility and rightto tell the rest of us what to do because they have decided it's for our own good. Well as far as I'm concerned you people who want to pass another BS law like this can go straight to you know where. Don't pass go and don't collect $200 either. Take your self righteous, arrogant, Bertha Better than you attitude and jam it! I wear a seat belt in my car, a safety harness in my treestand, a hemet when I ride a motorcylce and blaze orange during gun season but I do all of these things because I'm an adult and I have decided to do so. I don't need any jerks from Albany or anyplace else telling me to. If some of you want to be treated like children fine but I don't! Boy this kind of thing reallyriles me!
Well said.

For those of you that are pro orange think about this!!!!
1.They pass the law.
2. Those that don't wear orange now won't wear it after.
3. This is just another money grab so fines can be levied.
4. The law now reads don't shoot till you are sure of your target
& have a safe field of fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Number 4 is broken all the time so why would this law make not
be broke all the time too.

So why have another BS law on the books.

IMO
Old 12-17-2005, 08:08 AM

I see some people get it and some don't that posted in this thread, some that get it include the three posts before mine just to name a few. The private property I hunt borders state land, so when I hunt the border I always wear orange. When I hunt further in on our land, even though we know everyone hunting the land and know exactly wear they are, I wear orange when on the ground, period.

If everyone identified their target before pulling that trigger, wearing BO wouldn't be an issue. But you have guys that they get a little too excited and start shooting squirrels because theyruffle some leavesmoving through the woods.

I would be all for a BO bill that doesn't require a person to wear it if you are in a treestand a certain distance above the ground, after that let the person's common sense take over if they are in an area where it would be better to wear BO in a stand then let the person make that decision.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt private land, some of which borders a one sq mile tract of state land. I have literally seen hundreds of hunters since opening day.
EVERYONE of them was wearing some BO!

NYState has a higher VOLUNTARY rate of BO than most states that require it. Why do we need another law that will in reality effect no one?

Another example of "feel good" legislation - like the cell phone hands free.

Steve
Old 12-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would be all for a BO bill that doesn't require a person to wear it if you are in a treestand a certain distance above the ground, after that let the person's common sense take over if they are in an area where it would be better to wear BO in a stand then let the person make that decision.
Well that's mighty big of you digi200. So according to you we should"let" the adults in this stateuse theircommon sensewhen making the BO decision in a tree cause it really doesn't matter too much up therebut down on the ground where it mattersYOU have decided we all arejust a bunch of brainless irresponsible twits that need their nanny to tell them what to do. Well like I said, peoplewith this kind of nanny statementality can just jam it! This kind of thinking makes me want to puke!
Old 12-17-2005, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

So according to you we should"let" the adults in this stateuse theircommon sensewhen making the BO decision in a tree cause it really doesn't matter too much up therebut down on the ground where it mattersYOU have decided we all arejust a bunch of brainless irresponsible twits that need their nanny to tell them what to do.
I don't know how you came up with that BS youjust said. How is there any logical comparison between what you just said? What you just said contradicted itself. I feel people are responsibleenough to make the decision whether or not to wear BOup in a tree then you go on sayingI thinkpeople are irresponsible and need their nanny to tell them whatto do. What is going on inside that head of yours?!!!!

If I remember correctly, BO is supposed to keep people from being shot. Also the last time I checked, deer can't climb trees. If someone shoots into a tree thinking it was a deer, they should go live in a mental institution because that person must have some serious mental issues shooting up into a tree thinking it was a deer.

If I hunted state land, I would wear BO in a tree because you don't know who will be there. But if I am on private property why should I have to wear BO if I felt safe enough not wearing it ina tree. I think it should be left up to the hunter.

Like I said, I feel that people are responsible enough to make a decision. I am sorry if you got the wrong impression, but what I was saying is if a BO bill was going to get passed one way or another I would rather it be one where if you were a certain distance above the ground you would not be required to wear it.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how you came up with that BS youjust said.
That's easy, I got it directly from you. Unless I've mistaken you for someone else, you are the guy that is for a bill that would require BO to be worn when the hunter is on the ground but leave it up to the hunter when he is in a tree stand. Isn't that what you said? I'm pretty sure it is and I agree with you in that it is BS. I think I made that pretty clear in my last post.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:24 PM

Yeah you got it right was I believe in, but how you put it in your post contradicted itself.

Next year stay up in the north, while I hunt the south and you can tell your nanny I said that. With the tone in your posts over something that shouldn't have much impact on you, I can only imagine how you are when you miss a deer.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

I always walk in and out with a BO cap and wear it when in a ground blind but Iusually take it off when up a treeit just makes sense to me. I have hunted in alabama and if I remember correctly a hunter was required to wear a minimum amount of BO(cap) 200 or 250sq inches?while walking to a stand or ground hunting but could remove it when higher than 10 feet off the ground. i would like the NYS law to be similiar to this one.

Quick Reply: NY Blaze Orange Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.