Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone hunting NY late season ML? >

Anyone hunting NY late season ML?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone hunting NY late season ML?

Old 12-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone hunting NY late season ML?

I am up here hunting 6P(verona) I sat one day for about 4 hrs in 8 degree temperature and did not see a thing. Yesterday my friend and I went over to 6R(deerfield) to scout a new place. He took the left trail and i took the right trail. Two minutes later I heard him shoot thereforeI quickly turned around and got to him as he finished reloading his omega. He shot a buck that just dropped its antlers dressed weight around 120-130lbs. I was happy since he is giving me the meat. we will probably go out the next 3 days but we will be driving deer. if all goes according to plan we will go back to 6R and finish out the ML season on Tues. Anyone else having any luck?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Anyone hunting NY late season ML?

I was out Wed. evening and saw 8 does, but didn't shoot any of them. I am holding off on shooting a doe until the last day if I haven't shot a buck by then. I am going out tomorrow and Monday if I can. It has been a tough season. Lots of does and only one spike for all the hours spent in the woods and stands. I haven't seen anything this seasonthat I have even been tempted to shoot. sigh...
Old 12-17-2005, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out on thurs and saw nothing. Friday I spent the day doing snow removal. Saturday is X-mas shopping time.(says the wife) Sunday I am gonna get out for the last time. Overtime will be 15 hours next week with X-mas around the corner but I need the cash. I did pretty well this year with 3 deer. I was able to take a doe with the bow,a spike up north and a small doe on the last day of the regular season.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've been out a little bit this past week for late ARCHERY[8D]. If I had a muzzleloader with me last night I would have shot a monster buck! Oh well.........see him again in October hopefully. The deer are out and about and feeling cozy in their woods again. The orange army is gone for close to a week now (more like2-3 weeks if you count the hunters that give up early). I've seen more deer in late archery than I saw during all of gun season. A good time to be out in the woods. Plus my buddy saw a buck chasing a doe the other day. Second rut looks to be on.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

I did not go out today as I had a x-mas party last night and had a little too much holiday cheer. My friend did go out today since he wanted to fill his anterless ML tag in 7M then a DMP in 7F. He took a sub-legal buck (app.2 inch spike's) in 7M in the am and then shot a doe in the late pm in 7F. I was pretty suprised when he came home a couple of hours ago with these 2 deer. My buddy still hunts and he does quite well when the conditions are right. He usually fills his tags during the late ML season as there are really no people in the woods. I think he has an either sex ML tag left and a 6Pdoe tag left. We go out tommorrow am to either 6P ,6R, or 7F with 2-3 other hunters but we will do deer drives in the a.m. Tuesday we both have off so we will spend the last day in 6P or 6R with the single digit temps that are expected. Good luck to all late season ML and archery hunters.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer are yarding in 7M

You can go miles and not see a deer - then 40 in a field.

I filled my two BP Tags this weekend - with 2 nice healthy doe.
I hope the buck population rebounds after this year in 7M (no doe tags for regular gun)

FH

Old 12-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Spike

9W shot a small buck sat night.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

hunted thurs-sunday; saw deer every day (~10 total); all but one was running; the one that wasn't, isn't able anymore (small 6 pt.)

Over the past 2 yars I have really fell in love with ML season. See a lot of deer and they seem to be "back to normal". I saw 3 deer all of gun season (all on one day) at my camp (saw 4 and shot 1 at a friends). Last year was the same (no deer in regular season and then they're all over in ML. Wish the season had another weekend.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Man...I wish that Ihadn't gottenrid of mysmokepole. I bought a new CVA Optima last winter and ended up trading it with my dad fora rifled shotgun with a scope. I never even shot the thing. He loves it...its a real sweet shooter. Turns out that muzzleloading is a lot easier than I thought it would be. I'll have to get another one before next season.The "muzzleloading bug" has really been catching on in these parts in the last couple of years. Here's a pretty nice 9-pt. that my uncle killed this past Friday with his new TC Omega. Not bad for his first year of muzzleloading.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone hunting NY late season ML?- It think its over for most!

ORIGINAL: farm hunter

You can go miles and not see a deer

I went a lot of miles these past several days and I did not see a single deer- 1 morning hunt, 3 afternoon hunts and one full day hunt. My friend took 3 deer during this late ML season and missed another 3 deer-he still hunts whereas I stand hunt.I did manage to see 2 deer this evening, it was after we drove down the road about 100 yards from our hunting area when we saw a yearling in the middle of the road and a large doe off to the sidegetting ready to eat someone's shrubbery. If I did not not know any better I could have sworn that yearling was "flipping me the middle hoof" . If i don't make the Long Island special ML hunt than I am thru for the year. Anyone still going out in westchester or suffolk county good luck in your hunt.

Quick Reply: Anyone hunting NY late season ML?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.