Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what to hunt

Old 12-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default what to hunt

I have no clue what i should hunt in Pa's late season.I'll be using my smokepole but i dont konw if i should hunt....trails...feeding or bedding areas or escape routes or do you think making pushs if a couple of guys is best what do you guys think i should do. thanks guys

Ryan
Old 12-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: what to hunt

I'm no expert on deer behavior, but I would and will be hunting food sources. With the deep snow we've had already in my area I would guess the deer will be out looking for feed in the easiest places to find it. I think they could be settled down from rifle season a little bit by then too.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 AM

Default RE: what to hunt

I aggree, I archery hunt about 100 yards in from food sources. If it stays cold I would only hunt the afternoon...expect movement between 2 and 4 pm. The mornings I find to not be as productive...they get to bed early!