HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Marylanders, How did shotgun/rifle season go? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/124541-marylanders-how-did-shotgun-rifle-season-go.html)

DeerWhisperer 12-11-2005 08:37 AM

Marylanders, How did shotgun/rifle season go?

Mine was ok, so far i have gotten 2 doe. the 1st was 100lb, the 2nd 150lb.

I have only seen i buck this year and it was during the early muzzleloader season during antlerless only. It was a huge 10pt about20-30 yrds out in the feild. My son and i walked right up on it and it never moved. we were talking and pointing at it for 3 minutes before it took off. It would look at us then eat some more grass. Look at us again, eat some more grass. It acted as if it knew i could not shoot him.

DeerWhisperer 12-12-2005 05:07 PM

RE: Marylanders, How did shotgun/rifle season go?

That bad, huh?

Saxman1819 12-12-2005 06:31 PM

I'm still kicking myself for passing up the a spike on opening morning. That is the only deer this year I have gotten in the crosshairs and would have had dead to rights. I had just seen bigger deer so I passed and waited. Big mistake. Have not gotten a chance since. [:@]

Even thought it looks like I'lll be skunked again this season I have seen more deer than ever. So I'm getting better. Becoming a bow hunter helped a ton.

Bionicrooster 12-12-2005 07:25 PM

saw some does and passed, my brother got a 4 point sika, my father got a big WT doe.Only hunted opening day but the rest of the guys in our club seemed to have done real well.

DeerWhisperer 12-12-2005 07:42 PM

Hey saxman, pasadena is my ole stomping grounds. I went to george fox middle and northeast high schools. where about in pasadena are you?

Lefty26 12-12-2005 08:11 PM

Mine was good this year, killed a small buck on the first day. 2 does on Monday and I got another small buck on video on Thursday. 4 deer in 5 days and I was done.

DeerWhisperer 12-12-2005 09:06 PM

good going lefty. you'll be eating deer for awhile. make some jerky and send it my way.

DaveH 12-13-2005 04:38 AM

I used my bow on the days I went out. Passed on a couple does and my 14 year old son took his first deer--a small buck. I do MUCH better during the bow seasons.

DeerWhisperer 12-13-2005 06:09 AM

My son also got his 1st deer this year. It was a doe that weighed about 80lbs. Bet you were like me, grinning ear to ear slapping him on the back and shakeing the hell out of him, lol.

Lefty26 12-13-2005 11:22 AM

Those 4 were just shotgun season. I took a 9pt and a doe in early ML. 4 does with my bow and 1 sika hind with my bow. Sitting at 11 deer right now. The rest of the season I'm trophy hunting.All of my freezers are full and I got a bunch of jerky being made. I also donated a couple deer to families in need.