Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lion in PA   RUMOR?? >

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Old 12-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

From the post Gazette July 11 1999''

Contacted on the day before his retirement from over three decades with the Pennsylvania Game Commission, Law Enforcement Bureau Director, Dick Fagan said, "There has not been a confirmed wild mountain lion sighting in Pennsylvania in my 34 years with this agency. But that doesn't mean there isn't one out there. I've been around wildlife too long to ever say never." \

http://www.easterncougarnet.org/middleatlantic.html

Not even the Eastern Cougar network has a mention of what your talking about.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The official word was that it was a "pet"
Do you get it, yet?
It would not be classified as a confirmed sighting if it was tagged as a "pet".

Who's pet?
God's
Old 12-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You meet that criteria by calling me a dope smoker.
I asked you what you had been smoking in a facetios manner to question your reasoning. You know it and you are being less than honest when you say I called you a dope smoker. Get serious. I take that back. Maybe you don't know it. You didn't realize it when moose and I were jerking your chain.

I didn't resort to this when you called me a liar about the cougar near Pittsburgh
I never called you a liar, I said I had no reason to believe you.A liar knows he's saying something false.I'm sure you believe you are telling the truth. BTW I made no comment about the cougar near Pittsburg.

For you to deny that it happened says alot about you.
I didn't deny anything. I'm just pointing out that according to all the reliable sources there is no evidence of what you claim so therefore no reason to accept your claim. Why doesn't the PGC back you up? Oh yea, I keep forgetting the conspiracy theory.

Do you know that it didn't?
Show me proof that I am wrong.
Just like I said. This is always the tactic. Like I told you. It doesn't work that way. The burden of proof is on you. You are making the claim. YOU show proof that your claim is true. Take all your evidence to the PGC or to Penn State and get them to verify it. Then I'll believe you. Until you do I simply have no logical reason to believe you.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must think you're real cute. I gave you my source.
The reporter was Chris Glorioso at wtae-tv in Pittsburgh.
If you deny my claim as false, it is up to you to interrogate the source and prove me wrong. Call them and get back to me.
Why am I even wasting my time. You aren't even from PA.
Do they ever spot any cougars in northern NY?
Go pester those guys!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

The official word was that it was a "pet"
Do you get it, yet?
It would not be classified as a confirmed sighting if it was tagged as a "pet".
Funny the confirmed sighting from NY was a pet.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

So fine...to make you doubters happy, I will revise my statement to say that there are a FEW escaped "pet" cougars around, nobody can deny that.
I hope younz is happy!

Who's pets?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

There was one around in 1993 in NY.

You doubters.
No proof lots of assumptions and false sightings and we kerep getting called doubters and close minded. Wow my feelings are hurt.

You want to join NYbowhuter and the rest of us on our next Bigfoot hunt? We use calibrated kegs.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just explain this andI will leave be. How can (Missouri, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, West Virginia, North Carolina, Illinois, Kentucky, Ontarioand New Brunswick, Canada) all haveDNA documented proof of them, but PAcan absolutely NOT have any chance of having even a few, according to you. You must be quite the all knowing fellow to make postive statements like this. The wise statement would be that PA "could" have a few passing through at some point, wouldn't you say?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:26 PM

“Do they ever spot any cougars in northern NY? Go pester those guys!” GET OUTA HERE! lol we had our turn a few weeks ago! Livbucks don’t encourage them! C-moooon.[:'(]
Old 12-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just explain this andI will leave be. How can (Missouri, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, West Virginia, North Carolina, Illinois, Kentucky, Ontarioand New Brunswick, Canada) all haveDNA documented proof of them, but PAcan absolutely NOT have any chance of having even a few, according to you. You must be quite the all knowing fellow to make postive statements like this. The wise statement would be that PA "could" have a few passing through at some point, wouldn't you say?
This was taken from CharlieP's post and the source was the Eastern Cougar Foundation for heavens sakes! Hardly an un biased source. That's like going to a the Big Foot Foundation for proof that Big Foot exists. Come on. Why not go to the NYDEC website or the Massachusetts fish and game web site and tell me why they both say the mountain lion has were extirpated over a hundred years ago. You keep saying "you" say they don't exist in PA. I haven't said they do or they don't. I don't have the resources to know independently so I rely on what the professional organizations that are paid to know say about it. And the PGC, and the NYDEC say there is no evidence for them. Why should I take your word or the word of the Eastern Cougar Foundation over theirs?

The wise statement would be that PA "could" have a few passing through at some point, wouldn't you say?
Do yourself a favor and find a good set of encyclopedias or go to the library and look up cougars. You will discover that the "reliable" sources like universites, game commissions etc. will all tell you that the cougar is considered to be extirpated east of the mississippi with the exception of a small population (100 or less) of the Florida panther in the Everglades. Why shouldn't I believe all these people? I've posted this before but why not once more...

Here's what the National Park Service says...
Originally, Mountain Lions roamed throughout North and South America. Today in North America, lion populations are limited to British Columbia, Alberta, the twelve westernmost states in the U.S., and the Florida Everglades.
No, livbucks, the wise thing to do would be to quit listening to the all the rumors and all the people that want to believe the rumors and listen to what the professional agencies are saying.

Quick Reply: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.