Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY down to the last weekend >

NY down to the last weekend

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY down to the last weekend

Old 12-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default NY down to the last weekend

My area is looking at 6-10 inches of new snow and a wind chillaround -5.

Been a tough year so far for me and it doesn't look like it will get any easier.

Yes , my deer sighting are way down. I must have forgotten how to hunt. Still had a good time hunting with my son,every chance we get.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NY down to the last weekend

What do you mean? No late archery for you?[:-]

Good luck this weekend Charlie. The weather does sound like it's going to be a bit wintery. Shoot straight (if your gun doesn't freeze up)
Old 12-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yea I will be out for late bow.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

well good luck and stay worm

In my area they are calling between 2" - 10" I guess that way the weather man cann't be wrong. I also will be out until Dec 31 hunting Westchester Co looking for that late season food.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i should have 2 deer down...but we wont go there
idont know many people who got deer that where bucks this year
i will be going out one or 2 more times but maybe next year
Old 12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

i will be out till dec 31 here on long island. i shot my first buck with my bow an 8 ptr and one up state another 8 ptr now i am looking to take a doe for my sister who like to eat venison. i wish i knew how to put pics on here or make them smaller
Old 12-08-2005, 04:56 PM

djbad, where on LI do you go I'll be out this weekend on RT. 51 at my hunt club 250 acres surrounded by suffolk co. park lands.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out all weekend again..then again the following for muzzleloader...
Old 12-08-2005, 06:11 PM

My yearly bout of depression has kicked in as Tuesday(Late Black Powder)was my last hunt of the season up here in the Adirondacks. I am fortunate that my job allows me to spend a considerable number of days in the woods chasing those Whitetails, unfortunately I think that makes itall the moretougher when it's time to go back to work. I've tore my guns apart, cleaned them and put them back in the gun cabinet for another long off season. I think the hardest part of watching another season come to a close is the realization that I will miss the comraderie of some of the finest people I know as we drift back to ourown hectic lives and work schedules. Overall it was another good season. I saw more deer this season than last and was lucky enough to put my tag on a decent 8 pointer. For all those who are still hunting, I wish you the best of luck in the waning hours of the season. Well, time to go take my Zoloft

Mr. .45-70
Old 12-08-2005, 07:11 PM

I missed a doe after work.
I bought a rifled barrel for my Winchester 1300 for this season. Well the barrel has a flip sight. When I pulled up and shot. I was surprised cuz the deer didn’t drop like they always do. She was only 40 yards away with 3 others and one nice 6 point. When I looked at my barrel the sight was flipped halfway. I laughed at myself and was glad it was a clean miss.

Lessoned learned, I wont forget about that again.

Quick Reply: NY down to the last weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.