Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 HUGE Pennyslvania buck down..... >

HUGE Pennyslvania buck down.....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HUGE Pennyslvania buck down.....

Old 12-06-2005, 05:34 PM

Default RE: HUGE Pennyslvania buck down.....

there was a nice buck taken not to far from my house (in townville). it was a 20pt.

heres a link

http://www.meadvilletribune.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_332230418.html
Old 12-06-2005, 05:46 PM

WoW
Old 12-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Is this the buck you speak of? This one looks like a main frame 10 pt not 12 but the rest of the description is accurate. Truly a MONSTER Typical buck.

http://www.huntingpa.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB23&Number=5021 82&page=1&fpart=all
Old 12-09-2005, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Yep, no big bucks on SGL's though

Why are so many guys taken in by this lottery mentality?? Everyone is supposed to get all excited because of one big deer?? That is crazy. That buck could have been chased from anywhere during gun season.........or maybe he was on SGL's all along........no matter what, it is only one deer. Nothing to get excited over and offers no proof either way of big deer on or off SGL's. Isolated case.

lottery mentality just one deer if you look at alot of the deer taken in pa this year youll see its not about just one deer and whats wrong with showing off a great buck taken in our state its post like those showing the big ums that get the rest of the pa guys pumped that next time maybe itmightbe them and this is just one isolated case but there are many other so called isolated cases happening all over pa some areas are having problems but thats no reason not to get exited about a great kill in your home state whether its one great buck or 50 its still exiting to me and i love hearing about it in pike county we have a very large herd and some monster bucks all on state game lands and in the parks and on private land im sure if you made the kill or your friend made the kill you would write a post about it but i guess its different if its shot in pa dont really know why you want to drop the moral on a good post not trying to start a argument just dont know what your trying to get at
Old 12-09-2005, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: RUFNECK

whats wrong with showing off a great buck taken in our state
Nothing.......but saying it proves there are big bucks on SGL's is deceiving at best.

its post like those showing the big ums that get the rest of the pa guys pumped that next time maybe itmightbe them
Exactly........it's a lottery mentality. "Hey, that guy won 10 million dollars.......if it can happen to him it can happen to me" In theory.....but a rational, logical person would not be swayed by such accounts as he realizes the odds haven't changed.

thats no reason not to get exited about a great kill in your home state whether its one great buck or 50 its still exiting to me and i love hearing about it
So do I.........no one said don't get excited or appreciate the buck. My point is simply that implying this buck is a sample of what is waiting for guys out on SGL's is rediculous.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:26 PM

what im saying is there is a ton of huge deer being taken in pa this year so in theory yes it could be me or another guy here to take the next one i seen the biggest buck ive seen ever in the n.east on a bear drive last day of the extended bear season unfortunatly within seconds after seeing it the sun was directly in my eyes and my rifle has peep sights so i could not get a shot (thats my luck) i only hunt sgls and the parks seen a ton of big deer harvested this year and think the quality is getting much better in my area there was a nice 12pt taken a couple miles from my house in the park durring bow season and i know a few guys that got some big 8s and acouple 10s all on sgl and as for getting exited yourself didnt you write "nothing to get exited about"
Old 12-09-2005, 08:44 PM

I understand that this doesn’t pertain to this post. I don’t feel like starting a new one. Iv heard from one of my firefighters that PA had a record bear season. If that’s true or not, I don’t know. My question is; how do you put on a bear drive? Is it like a deer drive?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:00 PM

what im saying is there is a ton of huge deer being taken in pa this year so in theory yes it could be me or another guy here to take the next one
1 million licensed hunters and you see one big deer as hope that you are next in line?? Good luck.........buy some scratch offs while your at it.

i seen the biggest buck ive seen ever in the n.east on a bear drive last day of the extended bear season
The 2 biggest deer my family has ever taken were on public ground. My brother took a big massed 8 and I took a 13 pointer a couple years ago...........does this mean that we should go out on public land and sit and wait for a trophy??.......Fat chance. I have been hunting for 19 years, my brother 21, my oldest brother 25, and my dad 40+.......those are the only 2 deer we have ever SEEN of that caliber. We have a bunch of basket 8's and stuff but these are both on the wall. A combined 105 years in the woods and we have only SEEN 2 whoppers......thank goodness we didn't miss!!!!!!! I know guys that waste year after year sitting on public ground waiting for a monster to walk out and I just feel sorry for them as they are just not realistic about what they have a chance of seeing. Saying this deer came off SGL's followed by the sarcastic eye roll was poking at guys who say there are no deer like this on that kind of land........sure there are..........there is a needle in every hay stack. Just don't pretend it is anything more then it is........a winning lottery ticket.

as for getting exited yourself didnt you write "nothing to get exited about"
Right........1 big deer is nothing to get excited about.......in reference to getting excited about hitting the SGL's thinking you have a shot at something similar.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:17 PM

look i aint here to argue with ya i didnt just see one big buck i seen alot i didnt get to hunt much this year due to a injury but got out and did a lot of scouting again what im saying is that this year ive seen alot more big bucks than the last couple years your right and wrong in my opinion there is alot of luck involved with any hunt when trying to get that big trophy even when you know theres a big um in the area that youve scouted for a few months maybe it gets shot on the way to your spot maybe it takes a different route the day or days your there maybe its raining and you yawn as it runs by all this is very common but to say you cant get a big buck on sgl is crazy my little brother been hunting shelter island NY for 4 years has 3 very nice trophys and a bunch of smaller bucks and does so maybe hes lucky right place right time plays one of the biggest roles in trophy hunting but the chances in my neck of the woods are increasing
Old 12-10-2005, 10:02 AM

to say you cant get a big buck on sgl is crazy
No one said that.

To imply that deer like this can be found on SGL's commonly is even crazier. It encourages guys to go out and waste day after day......season after season waiting on something that doesn't exist.

My family has about 105 years of deer hunting in the woods combined. We have SEEN 2 deer that would be considered "trophies". I don't know about you but with odds like that I wouldn't be too excited about my chances of seeing another one any time soon.

You're actually better off playing the lottery........at least if you win you can buy a ton of land and then you can see big bucks all the time

Quick Reply: HUGE Pennyslvania buck down.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.