Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NYSDEC is a joke >

NYSDEC is a joke

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYSDEC is a joke

Old 12-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NYSDEC is a joke

nope, no problem with my opinions and my train of thought. but not worth my time to keep butting heads with the quote king

just stating what, from what I can see and have been told, most everyone else is thinking. see, the difference between me and you is I don't presume to speak for everyone
Old 12-29-2005, 01:10 AM

ORIGINAL: doughboysigep

nope, no problem with my opinions and my train of thought. but not worth my time to keep butting heads with the quote king
Spoken like someone who is very unsure of his opinions.

just stating what, from what I can see and have been told, most everyone else is thinking.

see, the difference between me and you is I don't presume to speak for everyone

Do you even see the comedy in the above quotes??

Tell us again what everyone else is thinking............and then remind us that you don't presume to speak for everyone.

BTW.............feel free to show me where I spoke for everyone.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

blah blah blah

quote king strikes again

why do you keep going atlas, I don't need to prove or show anything to you. all you need to do is look above and know that I have gotten PMs that confirm my "what others" are thinking and then go back and reread your statement about how this season was a "mockery for NY hunters" - i didn't think it was a jokelike many who were sucessful. do you think you are going to scare my or trick me by saying i don'tbelieve my own opinions????oh, wait, darn it, that's right, I don't - you were right all along, this season was a mockery and I didn't get 2 deer and have a great seasonand must be all the other thousands of hunters who were successful or even some that weren'tfeel the same, no doubt about it - thanks for clearing it all up - the DEC does suck

someone please lock this thread to put poor atlas out of his misery
Old 12-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Boys here`s a link to my new post. This was in this past sunday`s paper.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1355679

Old 12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

the take numbers are going to be down - less doe permits issued= less deer taken. they should post figures like % of deer (buck) taken for the number of licenses (bow, reg season, ML) sold and number of doe per DMP issued. that would give a better representation of the overall take/"success". the lowewr DMP should help increase the overall heard in the state and make hunting "better".
Old 12-29-2005, 01:56 PM

Yea - total harvest will be down by a lot because DMP are down by a lot.

But watch the buck take. In my neck of the woods (region 8) it has been dropping at the same percentage as the total take since 2002. That means the buck take (totally unsffected by DMP, of course) has decreased by 40% in 2 years in SE steuben county, which means the herd has decreased by the same.

Every indication suggests it will drop again this year...meatcutters are running about 60% of last years totals. The good news is that this should be the bottom. Assuming we have a decent winter, next year the herd should begin to rebound.

If we have a bad winter .... the screams and howls of DEC ineptitude will really bring down the house.

DEC is doing what they can - it just takes a few years to adjust. You can't turn a battleship on a dime, either.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:29 PM

I don't need to prove or show anything to you.
Then why did you try to do exactly that in your next sentence??

Perhaps even you know what you are pushing is not reality.

all you need to do is look above and know that I have gotten PMs that confirm my "what others" are thinking
So have I............and this thread has many people on both sides of the fence. Somehow you see that as proof of you being correct??

Weird logic.

then go back and reread your statement about how this season was a "mockery for NY hunters"
It was..........that is MY opinion and why I wrote it. How does that translate into me "speaking for everyone"???

i didn't think it was a jokelike many who were sucessful.
I........and my family were very successful this year......and last year. What does that have anything to do with the subject??

do you think you are going to scare my or trick me by saying i don'tbelieve my own opinions????oh, wait, darn it, that's right, I don't - you were right all along, this season was a mockery and I didn't get 2 deer and have a great seasonand must be all the other thousands of hunters who were successful or even some that weren'tfeel the same, no doubt about it - thanks for clearing it all up
If you are judging the state of the herd in NY based on the number of deer you kill then your opinions are even further off base then I thought. That is almost laughable.

I on the other hand am able to be objective enough to be honest about the status of the herd no matter what is in my freezer.

- the DEC does suck
I agree.

someone please lock this thread to put poor atlas out of his misery

Spoken like someone who is REALLY unsure of his opinions.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:11 PM

Hey Doughboy,

IN MY OPINION, you and anyone else who gets into it with this gentleman named Atlas is just wasting your time. As I read this all I can do is sit here shaking my head. What's the point?
Agree or be quoted to death!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

you are certainly correct there.
I will stop now, because, you and I know, I have no faith in my opinions. well that's what I'm being told anyway.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:33 AM

I will stop now, because, you and I know, I have no faith in my opinions. well that's what I'm being told anyway.

Just calling it like I see it.

Anyone who resorts to name calling is obviously doing so because he can no longer intelligently discuss the topic and/or sees that he only thought he knew what he was talking about.

That is why this behavior is more common in children then adults

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.