Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NYSDEC is a joke >

NYSDEC is a joke

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYSDEC is a joke

Old 12-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NYSDEC is a joke

WOW sounds like we got a few DEC officers on this site? I`ve got an ex dec officer who is a close friend of the family so if anyone wants to talk to him I`m sure I can set it up. So let`s all get out there and hunt, 4 more days to go fella`s.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

farm hunter, i would never call in on an animal that i didnt harvest, thats illegal to some degree. it is my decision on getting a permit and not using it, i how ever signed my permit over to others who in my belief could really use the extra venison. if land i hunt is not up to its deer carrying potental and i pass on a doe or two it makes me feel im doing the right thing.
Well said - I understand where you are coming from, and I agree. Thanks for clarifying - sorry I didn't read it right the 1st time.

FH
Old 12-15-2005, 04:28 PM

yeah i have a couple encon officers i see frequintly. imsure we could vget some answers fromthem
Old 12-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mtair

yeah i have a couple encon officers i see frequintly. imsure we could vget some answers fromthem

I really think this would be a great idea instead of us hunters asking each other ?`s that the DEC officers could answer correctly. Again I`ll call Mike Mitchell (Ex DEC now town of lenox court justice) and see what I can get him to tell me.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stretchhunts

ORIGINAL: mtair

I really think this would be a great idea instead of us hunters asking each other ?`s that the DEC officers could answer correctly. Again I`ll call Mike Mitchell (Ex DEC now town of lenox court justice) and see what I can get him to tell me.
Econ officers aren't the ones you need to be asking questions (at least the majoirty of them - the reporting of an animal not really harvested, portions of total numbers might be somewhat answered)...

You should be discussing this with the regional biologists, and the Albany based ones, like O'Pezio.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:43 AM

Didn't see a single deer all of muzzleloader season. That makes my total deer seen during the combined 3 weeks of regular and 9 days of ML to 4.........four friggin deer in over a month of hunting most of which was walking. 3 of the 4 deer I saw were bedded down and got up and ran........2 were just glimpses of white tails.

What an absolute freakin mockery this season was to NY hunters.

We need changes in this state............BIG TIME.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

What an absolute freakin mockery this season was to NY hunters.

hmmmmmmmmm,

I bet there are a lot of hunters that would care to disagree to that statement. ...Deleted by CalHunter...

AS for me the season turned out ok (doe & buck) even though I dodn't see a lot of deer on regular season (saw a bunch in bow and ML)

suggestion: stop talking in absolutes and, like others have said, try and be constructive/progressive to help correct the situation that MAy exist locally in your area.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: doughboysigep

hmmmmmmmmm,

I bet there are a lot of hunters that would care to disagree to that statement. ...Deleted by CalHunter...
Where did I speak for anyone else?? I voiced MY opinion that this season was a mockery to NY hunters.

suggestion: stop talking in absolutes
Suggestion: learn how to spot an opinion and stop being so defensive.

try and be constructive/progressive to help correct the situation that MAy exist locally in your area.

Perhaps you didn't see my statement that we need changes.....BIG TIME!!!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry you had such a bummer year Atlasman, I think when the year is said and done - the deer take will be down. In the most adversely effected areas - I think the DEC has already taken steps to increase the herd next year - and hopefully in your area - in a few years - things will get back to normal for you too.

Most folks that know me on on this website know that we plant some pretty serious food plots at our property. But the property is only 200 acres and hunted by 4-10 guys (not always the same ones either) for 8 weeks straight. The hunting pressure here is intense - more than on the public land I drive by every day - bya lot. Still we saw dozens and dozens of does the last weeks of Gun and BP - in 7M where no Doe Permits were issued. The deer come to where the food is when the Snow flys.

What is reality - is that the surrounding properties - cannot even support their does and fawns in Early Winter - for lack of food - and too many deer per acre. So - they come to ours. We protect alot of deer for the last several weeks of the season - by only hunting the plots - not the woods.

Its not like it was in the 70s and 80s when you had a bunch of 200-500acre dairy farmers - and food everywhere. So many areas that used to be able to support 30-40 deer per square mile - cannot support even 20 now.

FH
Old 12-24-2005, 08:46 AM

Well said doughboy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.