Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY opening day, how'd ya do..? >

NY opening day, how'd ya do..?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY opening day, how'd ya do..?

Old 11-19-2005, 04:02 PM

Default NY opening day, how'd ya do..?

Guys, how did everyone make out today with rifle season opening on a Sat...???? I got an 8 pointer, they are still chasing does. Very cold this morning.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:07 PM

Default RE: NY opening day, how'd ya do..?

i guess u have to see deer to to have a chance so i seen nothing sitting i seen a doe bcause a friend of mineshot at her and did not get her but there is alot of time left
Old 11-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a buck at 7:10 about 120 yards off with his nose to the ground. Couldn't call him in at all. Then had a guy empty his 30-30 at a doe. I took one shot as it trotted by but I never touched it. Another guy shot a small doe that was headed my way [:@]. My dad missed a small buck well actually gave it a hair cut. Back out tomorrow morning then bed to sleep before work at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:54 PM

nothing for me either in Hurley NY... 2 does went by.. no bucks.. i'm beat.
back at it tomorrow

good luck
Old 11-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

i seen 20+ deer today. 2 small racked bucks that i passed on. rest were doe's. are group a 16 year old got his first buck,small 6pt. then 1 other guy took a doe just before dark. lots of time yet tho.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

We took 5...

Buddy took a Big Ten, broke 11th off, 5" circumference between G2 and G3, Wicked Mass, 17 inch Spread, 7" tines....Very nice buck.

My dad shot a 3pt and a button buck

And I took 2 Does, approx 110lb each, they were with each other, dropped one (spined her, 10 yards), and then the other stood there, so i took her out too...

All In all, Very good Day, we expect the 10 to go High 130's.....Very Nice Animal, Pics to come soon.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:13 AM

Dropped a 7pt. following 10 minutes behind a doe at 4:20 pm. He was very rutty and stunk like heck! Saw 2 smaller bucks with a group of does around 10:30 am.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:13 AM

Saw 16 deer 1 buck small 4 point small bodyso I passed.
Shot a nice doe fielded dressed at 112 on my scale.
Nephew missed a good sized buck he said it was a 8 point with a big body.
Nephew inlaw only saw 3 small baby's & 1 doe.
Nephew inlaws son saw nothing as he was sleeping in his stand boy was his dad pi&^%^&%.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

I saw 6 does could have shot 2 of them but i amholding off until tuesday. My friend shot a 7 pointer and his dad shot a buck that had a 4 inch spike on one side and a cluster (5) of 4 inch spikes on the other side. Did not go out this am since we did too much celebrating last night. Going out in a couple of hours. We are hunting 6P in the heart of CWD. LIAF
Old 11-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Overall, things were pretty uneventful around here yesterday. My cousin got a decent 2.5 yr. old 8-pt. and several other guys I know got big ones. I left the woods around 9:00 yesterday morning after counting shot #400 [:'(].

Well, my cousin's husband ended up getting the buck that I wanted...the big 7-pt. that I've been watching since early June. He's not the biggest in the area but is a decent 3.5 yr. old with an 18" inside spread.It appears as if he's been doing a little bit of fighting. The tip of his beam and browtine are broken on one side and his other browtine is chipped too. Oh well, at least one of the weekend warriors didn't end up getting him. Interestingly, this buck came in to investigate the "Primos can" calllast night.

Not the most tasteful pics. but I didn't find out about the deer until it was already at the butchers.

Quick Reply: NY opening day, how'd ya do..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.