Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Salamanca, NY

Old 11-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Salamanca, NY

Anybody hunting near there this year? This will be my first year hunting in NY and i'm pumped. I heard there's a chance of snow for the first day of rifle, that would be pretty cool.

Zach
Old 11-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Salamanca, NY

Zach, I will be hunting in allegeny state park the first day.good luck to ya
Old 11-13-2005, 05:12 PM

what zone is that?

Old 11-13-2005, 11:31 PM

Zach,

Yes, I'll be hunting near Salamanca. There is a ton of state forest land near Salamanca. I own a small piece of property bordering some of it. Lots of big woods in the area and plenty of bear to go along with the deer. Where are you going?

Robert
Old 11-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Spike

I am about 20 miles east in franklinville and i arrowed a small buck 4 points at about 40 yards but i seen many many more . I was calling, grunting, snorting smashing branches, rattleing and it worked well.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:21 AM

West of Salamanca is a patch of state forest on bucktooth run rd. There always seem to be a good population of deer including good bucks in this area. It will be crowded opening day.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

just be careful , most of the area around Salamanca is reservation land play it safe and buy a reservation stamp
Old 11-16-2005, 01:28 AM

State Forest lands around Salamanca include McCarthy Hill, Elkdale, Bucktooth and South Valley and either Boyce Hill or 9 mile creek, I am not sure about the last two but it could even be both. My land borders the Bucktooth area but they are all great hunting areas.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Spike

Boyce hill is state land
Old 11-16-2005, 07:24 AM

Yes, Boyce Hill is state forest land and so were the rest of the properties that I posted. I didn't have my map handy last night at the time and I wasn't sure about Boyce Hill and where it was located. I never hunted there personally.

Now that I have my map all of the following are state forest lands within a 15-20 minute drive of Salamanca.

McCarthy Hill State Forest
Rock City State Forest
South Valley State Forest
Bucktooth State Forest
Elkdale State Forest
Dobbins State Forest
Nine Mile Creek State Forest
Wind Falls State Forest
Golden Hill State Forest
Allegany State Park
Raecher Hill State Forest

I couldn't find Boyce Hill State Forest on my map but I believe that also is within 15-20 minutes of Salamanca..

All together I'd guess your looking at close to 50,000 acres or moreof state forest land that is available to hunt within 15-20 minutes of Salamanca

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.