Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PATHETIC dAY hUNTING >

PATHETIC dAY hUNTING

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PATHETIC dAY hUNTING

Old 11-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default PATHETIC dAY hUNTING

aS SOME MIGHT KNOW i DONT GET OUT HUNTING MUCH ANYMORE CAUSE i NEED HELP. i WAS EXCITED TODAY WHEN SOMEONE TOOK ME TO SOME PRIVATE LAND AND WAS GOING TO PUT ON SMALL DRIVES FOR ME. wOW FINALLY I'M GOING HUNTING.This poor guy set me up and several places on private farms and walked for 6 hours. Never seen a tail and the walkers covered around 500 acres and never seen a tail. this is on farms with crops and wooded lots scattered around thru swamps. I never seen it so bad in SE Pa in all my life. All well it was a beautiful morning to watch the sun come up. And am very thankful for the people who gave me a chance to be out huntin. Out of the seven people that were out this morning only one guy even seen a buck this whole 5 week bow season.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:24 PM

Default RE: PATHETIC dAY hUNTING

I am new here, why do you need help?
It is pathetic everywhere.. may as well open the pool back up
Old 11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm disabled have a degenerated bone disease and cant walk very good. But I got to retire early.And while sitting most the time I am eye level with all the boobs ,LOL
Old 11-04-2005, 05:47 PM

thats great you got out cardeernothing better then wacthing the sunrise
did you say boobs
Old 11-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cardeer,

How far can you accurately shootthat crossbow of yours...

Is it usually better or worse than a standard bow?
Old 11-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wont take a shot over 25 yards and only broadside or slight angle away. They just loose their kinetic energy so quick over that distance do to the short bolts.Plus the noise when shooting at a longer distance increases the deer jumping the shot or moving and making a bad shot. I am very conservative withe the shots I take. If it aint a killng shot i wont shoot
Old 11-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Plus the noise when shooting at a longer distance increases the deer jumping the shot or moving and making a bad shot.
It always amazes me when I watch slow motion videos of deer after a bowhunting shot. It looks like they are almost getting away every time the string is released. Then the arrow seems to get em just in time!

BTW...What kind of bow are you shooting?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

A tenpoint with the crank built in the stock. It is very accurate at the proper distance.I have a red dot on it. They are heavy though. Yesterday i shot 27 times at my block and had 26 bulls eye. I just dont see any deer. It stinks around here anymore
Old 11-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

Cardeer:
Glad ya got out,,i've been watching all these guys say about all the deer their seeing,,,bigger bucks,,etc... well we hav'nt seen S!@T. after 5 weeks of someone being on our property all day everyday not a tail has been seen during the day,,the guys see a few does and a couple spikes at night off the light and they walked around after the snow a few weeks ago and saw some tracks but the days are gone of seeing a fair amount of deer,,,all the doe killing the past few years may have been better for the herd (some say???) but i sure miss the days of shootin spikes and seeing 25 doe a day

good luck this year and if you ever have an opportunity to get to Va. let me know ahead of time,,,i have a few spots i can put ya on (and you will see deer)
Old 11-06-2005, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

I forgot to mention that the land my family owns is in southern clinton/northern centre co's