Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Hey Ny hows your season been so far ??? >

Hey Ny hows your season been so far ???

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hey Ny hows your season been so far ???

Old 10-27-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Hey Ny hows your season been so far ???

Hey hows ever 1's season been mine has not been that good soo far I have yet to see a buck...
Old 10-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hey Ny hows your season been so far ???

It's been downrigt awful[:'(][:-]. The last 2 days were the first signs of light at the end of the tunnel. The weather hasn't helped very much either. We (hunting club) were talking about the first 2 weeks tonight and decided by far it has been the worst we can remember as far as deer activity, weather, signs, and sightings. But like I said that is excluding the last 2 days which seemed to have really picked up. It will all unfold however. Bring on the rut!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:35 PM

I'll sum it up in a nutshell. Cold, wet and miserable. Looks like the weather will finally cooperate this weekend. I only got out twice since opening day and haven't seen squat. Both times I did get out it was raining, one time like crazy. Between work and the rain its not been fun but the best part of the season has yet to come.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:16 AM

Can anybody say coyote?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

I went out opening weekend and saw a lot of deer. nothing to shoot at though. Going down to Gainsville tonght for the weekend. I'm ready, I hope the deer are too.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took a doe on my second day out. In that spot I haven't seen a deer since that day. In my other area I saw 2 coyotes and a fox but no deer. But I always see deer driving home so does that count?[8D]
Old 10-28-2005, 12:52 PM

I got a doe the second day of season but lost it in the swap and had to come back the next day and find her - by then the coyotes had gotten to her but there was still alot of salvageable meat.

I got a 6 point buck too that took me three days to get. I saw him the first night in a field about 50yrds out and I could not get a shot at him there were 9 doe in the field with him and too many eyes to try and stalk closer - The second day I setup where I thought he was comming into the field at and saw that he first visited a scrape that was down an old logging trail and I had not seen it there before - Third day I setup on the scapre and about a hour before dark he came in and i took the shot - I got him right behind the front should quartering away - He ran about 30 yrds and went down. I have been out a couple of more times and seen a few more nice big doe but not any nice bucks just a couple of 4 pointers and small spikes.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on the deer. 1 filled tag is a success, two..is even better.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

so far are camps take. 1 doe, 2 small spikes [first year hunters]. 1 120ish 8 pt. 1 9pt. 136 inches lastnight. out of 2 weeks. id say were doing great.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:19 PM

a six pointer long story but the coyotes beat me to it , i kept the skull cap though what a bummer

Quick Reply: Hey Ny hows your season been so far ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.