Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa doe tag controversy >

Pa doe tag controversy

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa doe tag controversy

Old 11-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa doe tag controversy

I would just like to comment on the working man hunting issue. Krockus, You want the pgc to manage deer so that the numbers are so big that he can go out and shoot a deer in minimal amount of time? How absurd is that. Here's a thought, let that guy hunt on sundays and give him more time to chase fewer animals and let his hunting SKILLS determine whether he gets one or not. I agree working people get the shaft in pa with no sunday hunting, but please, in no way should the deer herd be brought up so that a guy with little time to hunt is garunteed "his" deer.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

These a days alot of folks even work on Sundays.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:02 PM

The reason for the PGC was for the hunter to have quanity of wildlife to hunt.....Quality was not the issue.It was supposed to be for the protection of wild life for generations to hunt and be abundant.Why do you think the PGC is getting sued?I just got back in from bear hunting and heading back out in about 5 min.3 deer is all that was seen in 2 days of drives where 30 was common on the first day before.It's not about skilled hunting.It's about what the PGC was formed to do for the hunter in Pa.So before you start barking understand and look up what the PGC responsibillity is to the sportsman.And from what I have seen in the last few years,You got a better chance at a beer than you do a deer.Its about the PGC and quanity of deer that the organization was formed for.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 PM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Krockus

The reason for the PGC was for the hunter to have quanity of wildlife to hunt.....Quality was not the issue.It was supposed to be for the protection of wild life for generations to hunt and be abundant.Why do you think the PGC is getting sued?I just got back in from bear hunting and heading back out in about 5 min.3 deer is all that was seen in 2 days of drives where 30 was common on the first day before.It's not about skilled hunting.It's about what the PGC was formed to do for the hunter in Pa.So before you start barking understand and look up what the PGC responsibillity is to the sportsman.And from what I have seen in the last few years,You got a better chance at a beer than you do a deer.Its about the PGC and quanity of deer that the organization was formed for.
What is the PGC's mission statement?? Was it really created to offer the maximum numbers of deer??

From what I understand, most state wildlife agencies where created to protect/preserve the environment for all species. To help balance their states nature withthe human effect.Hunters are the major supporters of the agencies off course. Buttheywhere not created to simply cater to the hunter wants/needs, without consideration of impacts on other species.

Is the PGC different?? I don't know. I am realy asking... Where is this stated?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:04 PM

I read something about it to. I think it was to protect and to insure the population of wildlife for the Pa. sportsman.They started the program when the deer herds was being wiped out and to protect it for all sportsmen to enjoy.
I did understand that when they started it, It wasn't supposed to be government controlled also.
As we can see today,The government has it's hands in it.I to believe the herd is getting wiped out for the money.Here's a few links I found on the GPC and the DNCR if anyone is interested in our deer herds.

http://www.outdoortalknetwork.com/art247.html
http://pgchallofshame.com/news/news34.htm
Old 11-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Host of Hosts

Here's a few links I found on the GPC and the DNCR if anyone is interested in our deer herds
Does being a radio talk host make him an expert on deer managment?

Here are a few articles from the real deer experts.

Check out www.qdma.com

http://www.qdma.com/articles/details.asp?id=1

http://www.qdma.com/articles/details.asp?id=5

http://www.qdma.com/articles/details.asp?id=45

Old 11-22-2005, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: jack knife

Actually there is only 1.4 million acres of PGC land in Pa. So if you look at the sales of all tags that have been sold that is not a whole lot of land. I look at it as if anybody purchases a tag to hunt they have the same right and say as everyone else that does,Even if they hunt only 1 day a year.

They sold over a million tags for doe last year alone.There is not over 800,000 deer in Pa. This year they sold 860,00 doe tags.Bigger bucks maybe but 90% of themare goanna be gay. There isno way goanna be enough doe for them to breed with and produce bigger bucks. Next year sale another 850,000, Doe season comes and wipe out the yearlings again.They are goanna totally wipe out the deer population all together.I would advise people who own large acres of land to post it.You are the only people who are goanna actually keep the deer from becomming terminated.I didn't purchase a doe tag last year or this year and doubt I will till the herd increases,I am not goanna give my hard earned money to help eliminate the doe population.That would just make me part of the problem.Cospiracy does happen,Sometimes the blinded can't see beyound the light.

if you feel to many doe's are being killed and therefor not getting doe tags you are also part of the problem i dont feel this is a problem where i live in the poconos you cant walk or drive half a mile without seeing at least 3-5 deer more cars kill does here than hunters maybe outlaw driving to but to say doe tags are the problem and not buy one is feeding the problem maybe consider getting as many tags in as many wmu'sas you can and also having your buddys who feel this way do the same and just dont shoot .any you cant solve a problem by just looking thr other way and crying just my opinion not trying to start problems or disrespect you but wake up and maybe if this is a problem your hard earned money will save the herd
Old 11-22-2005, 10:45 PM

If it's not for the people posting their land the deer herds would be wiped out totally.I am so sure that if these people could put a fence around their property to keep the deer from leaving after the herd got so big for that area of private property,You would not see one deer on state game lands at all.People posting their property that you use to hunt on now have to find a diffrent place to hunt.The only ones who are gonna see and harvest deer are the private land owners and private sportsman clubs.People are like animals,If they don't find the source of food they will look for it another location.I for one am not gonna stay in an area where I don't see any deer.I am gonna go where you are hunting and wipe your herd out on your state game land or non posted land.And after can't get anymore deer there I will go to the next area.By then all the land should be posted.You see what I am saying now? Hunters know what is going on in the woods all over the state.I would rather take a hunters word over a bioligist any day on herd population.These are the ones who knows the truth about deer populations.
What area do you all hunt in that still have lots of deer to see and hunt? Post it on here,Maybe we will apply for tags in your area next year since you all don't got a deer population issue? Maybe we will see you next year and have this conversation the following year.Anyone who hunts on posted or private land needs not to respond.
One more thing to add,Everyone who applied for doe tags before the deadline recieved one.Now is it or isn't it about the money.There was no set limit on the tags for each area before the deadline for the first set to be issued.And many posters on here know this for a fact. They still sold over a million doe tags.It doesn't matter to me or a few others on here we will be hunting in your area next year where you still have all these deers.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:43 PM

well come on down wmu 3d bushkill area ill post a few pics of deer i took pics of soon and maybe you will come here hope you bring a truck to haul your deer off in pm me if you want to hunt in this area i will help you out on some good spots
Old 11-25-2005, 02:40 PM

When you walk in the forest and see for miles(exagerated miles)without any under growth that is not good for deer heards or other wildlife habitat for that matter.I have seen the deer herds drop also,But,I have not decided if this is a good thing or bad.I guess we will all know in couple years.I myselfam not interested in deerzilla bucks.