Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Places to sight in (WNY) >

Places to sight in (WNY)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Places to sight in (WNY)

Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Places to sight in (WNY)

Im looking for a place to sight in my new shotgun in WNY. I'm new to hunting and I dont really know anyone with a large amount of land. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Places to sight in (WNY)

That by far, is the single-worst problem in NY. The state has very very few public ranges of any kind. You go down south, and you can choose indoor or out.

Where specifically are you?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:31 AM

Right in Buffalo. I realize I will probably have to travel a ways, which doesnt bother me.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

if your near carlton hill in middlebury. you can go there. its a multiple use area state land.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:40 AM

That would probably work. Plus my dad can show me around Wyoming County. Apparantly we're related to half of everyone out there. Is there a specific range at Carlton Hill I need to go to?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

no range there. its state land. you would have to bring everything and go to a field,set up and fire away. whats your name??? ive lived in warsaw my whole life and no about everyone in wyoming county.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:06 PM

Last name is Almeter. Most of them are around North Java.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:33 AM

Lattimer,

First off there are any number of rod and gun clubs in the area that you could shoot at and sight in a shotgun. There is also the Niagara Gun Range on Niagara Falls Blvd. Its a little pricey but it works in a pinch. If you can not find a place to go. I would be willing to let you come shoot at the Tonawanda Sportsman's Club as my guest on a day that I am there shooting. The price for a non-member to shoot is relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of gas driving out to Wyoming County. The Sportsmans club has a 50 yd, 100 yd and 200 yd outdoor range. Send me a private message if your interested. I be sighting in my new 30-30 in the next week or so myself.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

thats def a familiar name in these parts.lol i know a few of them.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:06 PM

My grandfather moved into the city when he was about 13 because there was no more work for him on the farms, and they couldnt afford to feed him. My dad ended up spending a lot of summers there in the 40s when he was a kid working the farms, but Im sure everyone that knew him has long past. Unfortunately, I dont know a soul out there...but we're all related somehow.

Quick Reply: Places to sight in (WNY)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.