Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 any luck with md muzzleloader >

any luck with md muzzleloader

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

any luck with md muzzleloader

Old 10-22-2005, 01:23 PM

Default any luck with md muzzleloader

has any1 had anyluck during md muzzleloader
Old 10-22-2005, 03:30 PM

Default RE: any luck with md muzzleloader

Nothing here,i wish this damn rain would stop.I was out stalking this morning and got to about 70 yards on a big ole doe and stepped on a twig[:@]guess you know what happened next.Oh well at least i saw one.I did find a dead button buck that someonre shot and could not find i guess.At least the foxes had a good meal.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Spike

spike buck last evening weight 150 lbs field dressed. Sure was wet today though.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:18 PM

Saw 24 deer on different occasions,(through the 3 complete days) some were double sightings on different days. Good ole corn pile will keep em coming in every time. Now if the rut would start, the bucks will come see the does at the corn pile( and maybe a little less rain also please).
Old 10-23-2005, 05:29 PM

i seen nothin.my cuz got a 8 point that weight bout 180
Old 10-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only got out one afternoon -- Friday in the rain using my bow instead of a MZL. I was in my stand less than a half hour and had seen three and shot a decent 8 point.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:56 PM

It was slow Thurs and Fri didnt see a lot of deer. We got a lot of rain here. I did get lucky though on my way back from my truckfor my fri evening hunt. I was heading to a stand area on public land, I stopped at a small creek to see the best spot to cross and caught movement to my right, a buck stepped out from behind a tree at 20 yards. I shot before I really had a chance to check out what he was but when I got to him I was quite suprised to see he had 9 points. He wasnt big at all, he just a bunch of points. It was just one of those deals of being in the right place at the right time.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got about a 100 pound doe on Saturday evening, didn't see much all week, just a few does and a little 6ptr.

Here is my doe, and a buddies buck, dressed out at 158, also Saturday evening.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

I still can'tunderstand "hunting" over bait for deer. Nothing against you guys that do it, I just think 99.5% of the fun is in the scouting and trying to figure out where you might cross paths with a nice buck, and feeling damn good when it all comes together....not sitting over a feeder chunking out deer corn. Oh well...that's a whole 'nuther topic.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:19 PM

nice buck

Quick Reply: any luck with md muzzleloader

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.