Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any lucky NYers? >

Any lucky NYers?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any lucky NYers?

Old 10-18-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Any lucky NYers?

Tough weekend to hunt with the rain and wind. No deer seen this weekend. Couldn't find any rut activity yet.Did anybody get lucky? Headin back on Thursday night...
Old 10-18-2005, 02:48 PM

Default RE: Any lucky NYers?

I got a six pointer opening day not a real big rack but it was a real heavy boddied deer. dress out is came in a little under 200lbs. I stuck a doe last night just before dark and it got down in the swap I have to go find her after work today - I've been dying to get out of here all day -

I hit her square in the chest - can't belive she went as far as she did - I just hope the coyotes didn't get at her.

No pics of the six pointer though - just a scrub rack but meat in the freezer just the same.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:51 PM

I was up in chenago county this sunday by Whitney Point and boy was the wind howling and the off and on again rain didn't help much. But i think i had the best day in the woods yet in my 19 years of hunting. Me and my friend just left my brother at about 10:00am deciding if we were going to leave or stay the afternoon. As we were walking down a logging road my friend puts out his cigarette and wants to do a stalk for deer.Now i say to him what are the chances of us sneaking up on a deer with tree stands on our backs and him just finishing a smoke...well sure enough we round a bend in the logging road and he spots 3 does feeding. We drop to all fours, ditch the tree stands off our backs then crawl about 20 yards through the woods to where we could get a shot at the deer. I let him attempt the first shot because he has yet to get a deer with his bow but as he is drawing the doe spooks and jumps away a little.

I guess the saying curiosity kills the cat (or the doe in this case) is truebecause she never winded us and she didn't hear us she just saw some odd movement on a very windy day. Well sure enough here she comes again but this time i wasn't being so generous so now its my shot. After about another 5 minutes of slow approach by the doe her head goes behind a tree, i draw and put a great shot on her at about 15 yards. HOLY SMOKE WAS THAT A THRILL.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Early muzzleloader in Northern zone opened Sat.Hunted around Old Forge area.Real lucky-We didn't drown or get killed by a falling tree.Steady rain and wind for 3 days.No deer spotted.

Charlie
Old 10-19-2005, 05:39 PM

opening day i sen nothing and left when i hurd the thunder and seen lighting .. i went to the bills game on sunday so i did not hunt that day i went out monday seen nothing ..yesterday i seen 12 turkeys and 1 doe .. and to day i seen more turkey but i did find a new scrap about 20 yards from my blind.. other then that the season is still young and the deer will move more when it get's colder and we move closer to the rut..

big al
Old 10-19-2005, 08:32 PM

Been hunting with the muzzle loader up here in Essex County. To say it's been tough hunting so far is a major understatement. Opening weekend was some of the nastiest weather i've hunted in in quite some time. Saturday was downpouring rain and Sunday was windier than a preacher giving a sermon. To top it all off, two of my hunting partners are down with pneumonia and I've come down with a nasty cold myself.

It hasn't rained on everyone's parade though as I have seen a couple hefty 10 pters. that were taken by some other local hunters. I expect that things will pick up once the foliage drops and the weather cools a little more. We still haven't had a frost yet!

Mr. 45-70
Old 10-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rifle season starts saturday, i cant wait!!!
ill let you know if i get lucky
Old 10-20-2005, 05:32 AM

Looks like the weekend is turning into another wash out. I will tough it out, but this is getting old...
Old 10-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Shot a doe last night (10-19) in 4J 110lbs nothing huge but it's a start

Quick Reply: Any lucky NYers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.