Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

mass is open

Old 10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mass is open

Arlow
Congrats nice deer. When I went to check mine in on Monday I had to wait in line for an hour there were so many being checked in. If yo got time and you want to see mine its at www.reedysarchery.com Howdid you get that pic on the thread every time I try it says file too large any tips. Mike
Old 10-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK here goes going to try to post a picture . Lets see if it works
Old 10-25-2005, 06:01 PM

NICE BUCK MIKE , GOOD THING YOU GOT HIM BEFORE ALL THIS RAIN WENT OUT SAT . IT WAS SLEETING ,THEN IT STOP I HAD TO BUCKS COME IN I LET THE FORK GO HE WAS 10 YARDS AWAY THEN I SEEN HIS BUDDY BEHIND HIM WHO WAS A NICE 8 THAT WOULD NOT COME BUY,HE MUST OF FELT IT WASNT SAFE HE ENDED UP JUST WALKING DOWN A HILL, O WELL THATS HUNTING
Old 10-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trying to keep this on the first page. Leaving for Maine Sat. hopfully I'll have a good story and a big buck to post when I get back. MIke
Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 PM

Any luck in Maine mike? Been kinda quiet here for us mass guys the last week. I have friday off so I get to hunt two days this week!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well back from Maine no antlers to report I did get a button buck. Its a good thing a big buck didn't come by cause my scope somehow got knocked way out of wack. A big doe came by at 40 yards and I shot 3 feet in front of her not once not twice but she gave me 3 standing still broad side shots. I could have thrown the gun at her and hit her. I don't know if this has ever happened to you guys but you just sit there in utter disbelief. I checked that gun before I left and put it in a hard case. So I know I didn't do anything to it. I just hate those scope gremlins. Next year I'm going to get a couple good scopes I have a Tasco world class on there now and I got to tell you this is not the first one that has messed up on me I had one fog up on the inside, and another just stop adjusting woulden't go up or down nor sideways. So I have no one to blame but myself. Good thing I have two 30-06 or I would have been in trouble. Well Wed. starts Ct. opening day hopefully I'll have this scope thing fixed today. This is the land of the big big bucks its where I shot that big one on newcarolina.com and my friend shot a nice 10 pointer and I hav shot 7 bucks that would have been real nice but there horns were broke I don't know why if they fight a lot or fight with cars but it happens quite a bit down there. Well off to the range good luck guys and keep it fun or its not worth doing. Mike
Old 11-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gee guys ain't this year somthing. I wacked another buck tonight I might have hit him a little bit back so I sat on the stand and waited after about 15 min here came another buck even bigger At least I think it was a different deer. Anyway I found a lot of blood and after 50 yards of so 3/4 of my arrow so I got out of there and figured if hes dead he'll be just as dead tomorow and if hes not he will be by tomorrow. so I am gonna take a stand tomorow till 9 then see if I can't find him. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for me. Mike
Old 11-12-2005, 10:55 AM

Nice deer
Old 11-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I got bad news and worst news. Went on stand this morning so I could wait for my friends to help me find that buck and what do you think happend? You guessed it another deer came by a small doe and I wacked it at about 7:30 AM. Sat back down and wated for my friends as we agreed to meet at 9:00 AM at 8:30 guess what. Yep another deer a small doe some how I missed this time. But any way at 9:00 we started looking for the doe first as this trail was still fresh. We lost the blood trail after 1/2 mile. I thought I had a good hit but I guess not. So we decided to go back to look for the buck again nothing. I tell you it makes ya want to quit bow hunting. Now thats two beautys that the cyots will get cause of me and two less deer that will be there come gun season. hope you guys have better luck Mike
Old 11-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW put me down for a 4 point in the win column I found that bad boy and belive it or not he was still in good shapeno bloating or anything so I gutted it checked it in and brought it to the butcher. this is all from me for a while going to Ct. in the AM Wed is there gun opener and I just hope I can do as well as last year. But if it was that easy to get them big boys it woulden't be such a great rush when you do get one. See you all when I get back Mike

Quick Reply: mass is open

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.