Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Good luck NY

Old 10-14-2005, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Good luck NY

Let's all report back on our Oct 15 experience.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:07 AM

yes good luck to all my fellow southern ny bowhunters tomorraw

it's here wooohooo
Old 10-15-2005, 10:05 AM

Ok back from this AM. perfect weather, slight favorble wind; no deer.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

saw a 6pt. at 7:20,then 6 doe's came by at 8:00. then 1 lone doe at 830ish. bout 9 we had a front move in with rain. so i high tailed it to the truck.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

At 7:20 I had one come from behind me. I heard a wod duck off to my right and turned to look. I had no idea the deer wat 12 yards behind me. When I moved the deer saw me and turned tail and ran about 35 yards out,behind brush of course,and looked at me. About 8:30 I had 4 tom turkeys on the edge of the corn field but never went to my shooting lane. I will be out next thursday whenmy vacation starts.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:39 PM

There is one less doe in 6 G; a 5 o'clock shot, surprizingly early. It's a good feeling to have one for the feezer early on.I am hunting an area where the owners want to thin out the does. Didn't see any bucks. Saw one other deer while hunting and 5 in the fields while driving back home.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:22 PM

I had 4 does eating crab apples this morning...no bucks,After the little rain it got very cool then the wind started to pick up. I headed back to Jersey,the deer just don'e move in the wind on the mountain. Maybe next week we could have no wind or rain..Just maybe.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

I'll admit I missed a 5 pt'r in the A.M. I did not notice some brushy growth that the arrow clipped. Ended up sending the arrow right in between the little guy's legs. I'm confident he did not know where the arrow came from, as he merely stepped back and then continued on his way.

I did not even get a chance to get my arrow back until later in the day...we had one hell of a thunderstorm come in around 9am, and I could have walked on water I was moving so fast back to the truck. Even had the luxury of walking across a nice expanisve cut corn field...with lightning hitting only a a couple fields away.

Went back out at 2:30, and while getting my jacket on in the truck, I saw a lone deer come out of the woodlot entrance where my stand is. Most likely was the same small buck. The rest of the evening entailed surfing in the tree stand from the 30mph winds.

I'll get out Monday morning again.

PS...later found arrow, looks in good shape, even the broadhead looks like it wasn't damaged at all (montec g5). At least it was a clean miss.

And congrats on the doe BSH!
Old 10-15-2005, 11:55 PM

i allso did not see anyting but around 8:30 that thunder and lghting came rolling in and i roll it out of ther
Old 10-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing Saturday. I made it until about 10:00 and was soaked. Went out this morning, on and off rain showers and alot of wind!! Had 3 does come through about 8:15 with no shot opportunity. about an hour later I had a flock of 10 turkeys coming in but was busted by the lead tom when I was getting into position for a shot. The wind seemed to get worse and I heard some large trees falling. My treestand felt like a carnival ride a few times as a result of the strong winds. I hunted to about 11:30 and got out of the woods. I was just happy to see something after yeasterday and the way the weather was today.
MIKE

Quick Reply: Good luck NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.