Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rifles in bad hands >

Rifles in bad hands

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifles in bad hands

Old 09-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rifles in bad hands

Quiksilver gets off by stirring the pot and has said so in the past.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lets see, how many bowhunters out there would support "bow only"
Probably quite a few. Duh
Without gun hunting there would be no bow hunting. We enjoy lengthy seasons because we don't impact the deer herd that much,gun hunters are a management tool.

I think you'll find very few bowhunters that only hunt with the bow,most are multiple weapon hunters.I also don't think you'll find as many bow hunters with your attitude.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

I think Quicksilver is just posting that crap to get a rise out of everyone. I dont know if he is sincere in his position but something tells me he is getting a kick out of getting you all riled up.

If he is sincere then take comfort that there is only one of him.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-28-2005, 01:48 PM

trust me, one already has. He PM'd me.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trolling is a possibility; if so hopefully the moderator takes notice.
The troll theory makes some sense. Kinda hard to imagine anyone getting that many posts in over the years and then all of a sudden the posts are noticeably different.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Contrary to what you gentlemen may believe, my posts aren't noticeably different. I've always stood by the proposition that there are too many hunters in the woods that don't belong there and expressed concern about states thathave no hunting age restrictions. The debate hasn't flared up until now. Further, I've never said that I was not a liberal democrat.

In sum, I really don't support any rules that would allow more dangerous weapons into the woods, and I surely don't support any rules that loosen the restrictions on who hunts. Plain and simple - both serve to make hunting markedly more dangerous. You can express your dissatisfaction, block my posts (if you so fervently disagree), oroffer evidence to the contrary.You can even tattle to the moderators, I really don't care, although I do believe that it's a quite childish approach to educated debate.

I've read volumes on these topics, and even gone so far as to draft articles, editorialsandadvisoryopinionsfor reputable hunting periodicals and legislatorsregarding the same, and have very good reasons to support my position, no matter how unpopular you may believe that it is. Further, my position is not only supported by historic data, but is takenby many other hunters, conservationists, law makers and law enforcement officials.Take it as you may, but my position remains unchanged.

I've provided you each withan opportunity to explain to me why semiautomatic weapons are necessary and proper for whitetail hunting in populated areas, and you have not done so. Instead, you've called into question my ethics, my political ideology and finally my motives for visiting this site.

I've agreed to disagree, but you gentlemencan't let it go, and instead turnthis into a publicdefamation contest and continue to beat the dead horse with this silly "Anti-something witch-hunt". With all due respect, sirs, you are skating on very thin ice. I am also expressing my discontent with the moderators for allowing this thread to continue, as it has become, as noted above, nothing more than a mudslinging match.

If a moderator did email you personally, Please forward that PM to me, as I would like to have a word with him/her, whereby we can discuss this matter further.

Moderator: Please delete this thread to save all parties involved any further embarrassment. I don't foresee any value in any of the posts to come.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick,
I'm will not delete this thread just because your taken some heat that you opened the door on. You make some very valid points but your comments

"If you have to regulate everybody to reign in that narrow sect of the population then thats the reasonable way".

"I'd support Bow Only"

opened the door for further comment. Take the heat or leave the kitchen.

The fact you've read volumes on these topics,drafted articles,editorials,
and advisory opinions for reputable hunting periodicals and legislators - only says you have some strong opinions and conviction on the subject matter. I/we can respect that to a point.

I simply offer you this - Why shouldn't semi auto's be allowed?

What overwhelming evidence do you offer to the contrary?

We use semi auto shotguns in Delaware.

In the correct hands a pump can be as deadly as a semi auto.

Maybe we should legislate "Single Shot Only" in every state to "reign in the narrow sect".
Old 09-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have been hunting with a semi auto Berretta 12 ga. for about 12 years and the have taken more then one shot about three times.

It allowed me not to have to drop the gun to pump and put another shot in the kill zone.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lets not forget those deadly "Lever actions"

Quick Reply: Rifles in bad hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.