Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rifles in bad hands >

Rifles in bad hands

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifles in bad hands

Old 09-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rifles in bad hands

Maybe the kids where you live are bigger and smarter than they are around here. Maybe you need a semi-auto rifle, or a howitzer.I don't.
I am from "around here" and many 10 year olds are smart enough and big enought to be responsible under supervision. Onthe other hand, there are lots of "adults" in the woods that should never be near any weapon. BTW, my weapon of choice is the bow. I dont need any firearm to enjoy my sport but I dont begrudge another hunter because he chooses a different method. Just as I wouldn't let a rifle hunter tell me not to use my bow. Oh, and a bow can be dangerous in the hands of an irresponsible person too!

I get so sick of hearing this "responsible person" argument. The fact is that not everybody is responsible. If you have to regulate everybody to reign in that narrow sect of the population, then that's the only reasonable way.
Spoken like a true liberal puke! Regulate everyone because the masses cant be trusted. Penalize everyone because a few MIGHT deserve it![:'(]

I'd rather everybody be forced tohunt with a bolt or pump action rifle just to keep the Bushmaster out of the idiots' hands. Too many loonie toons in the woods these days. I'd support bow only.
Sure, that's just what we need! The anti's love statements like that that divide hunters so they can forward their cause.

Just because you agree with the two other NRA activists above, doesn't mean that you speak on behalf of this board in general, because I'm sure that you do NOT.

Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self. LOL
OK I'll just check myself. Lets see, how many bowhunters out there would support "bow only" as Quicksilver would just because someone might be irresponsible with a gun????

Oh and I see that you think we should all drive hybrid cars too.

What the rest of us drive in none of your business!

What we hunt with is none of your business!

When we decide to take our kids in the woods is also none of your business!
Old 09-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lets see, how many bowhunters out there would support "bow only"
Probably quite a few. Duh.
Oh and I see that you think we should all drive hybrid cars too.
We should. Duh.
What we hunt with is none of your business!
Au Contraire! 'Tis my business. Anything that affects me, no matter how tangentially, becomes my concern.I had a close friend shot and nearly killed by a junior hunter who didn't know how to operatethe double-safety on his 30-30. If I don't feel safe because you're putting your infant out there with an high-powered rifle, it is my business.

"I'd support bow only." That hurts your ears, doesn't it? Sometimes, you NRA guys are too much. Anyway . . .

I'm a big boy, and I'm quite amused by your personal attacks, and your shots at my political ideology. That said, I refuse to respond any further to keep thisthread from deteriorating into a mudslinging match. If you'd like toattack my views further, feel free to shoot me a PM.Otherwise, we can agree to disagree.

In closing - and you said it yourself:
there are lots of "adults" in the woods that should never be near any weapon
So, logically, by easing the restrictions, and putting more hunters behind the trigger, isn't that creating a more dangerous environment? Further, bygiving them more firepower, aren't we adding fuel to the fire? That's my point. Plain and simple.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

In order to even begin tohave an intelligent conversation regarding safety as it pertains to hunting with firearms we have to get rid of the emotionand ask a simple question. How many injuries/deathsare there per hunter hour compared to other sports, recreational activities etc. First of all there are fatalities associated with almost any physical activity. We accept it as inevitable but we don't then say because its possible somebody could die playing football for example that football should be banned. People sometimes drown when they go swimming but nobody proposes banning swimming. Sometimes hikers die as a result of their activity or skiing, or boating or sailing or fishing. If you do just about anything there is a chance of getting injured or killed or injuring or killing somebody else. Now back to the question is there any greater risk associated with hunting with firearms than other recreational activities?I don't have the numbers at my fingertips but I've read the statistics many times and it turns out that hunting with firearms is a pretty safe activity relative to other recreations. Is there a chance that you will be shot while hunting. Of course, but your more likely to be killed on the highway on your way to your favorite hunting spot! I think liberals like quicksilver are just against hunting with firearms because the simply hate guns and they're so imotional about it they're simply not rational about it.

quicksilver says it isn't necessary to have a semi to kill a deer. I agree it isn't necessary. But then, skiing isn't necessary, swimming isn't necessary, recreational boating, football, basketball , hockey etc. In fact recreation isn't necessary. If you go out and participate in any recreation you might get hurt or die so using quicksilver logic lets just ban everything!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:49 PM

I read that hunting, by statistics, is the safest sport. By statistics, if you are mentally challenged and haven't figured it out, I mean how often accidents occur. Yes, most accidents are probably fatal. What I am trying to get at is, you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.

Bowhunting isn't necessary. Hunting in general is necessary to control wildlife populations so the habitat can support them. We keep taking land to build on, less habitat, less animals it can support.

I agree though about all the other sports that aren't necessary if you start thinking like quiksilver.

But quiksilver never answered my question. And I would really love to know what keeps him going afield every fall if it isn't supposed to be fun/enjoyable. I don't know what drugs he has been doing. Everywhere hunting and the outdoors is tried to be passed on, they have tried to show it is fun while emphasising safety as well.

Quiksilver, if you think the lack of safety in hunters is so out of control, why don't you take a stand by hunting this fall with a paintball gun. That way if you accidentally screw up because you let your guard down, death is least likely to occur.

I have very little respect for you. It seems like you don't know what you are talking about like 98% of liberals. You think worst case scenario and think extreme measures should be taken to prevent them.

Car accidents are the #1 cause of death due to injury in the US. Why don't we go out and propose extreme legislation to drop speed limits on all roads to 5 mph. BECAUSE IT IS ABSURD TO DO SO!!! Just like all the other crap your fingers have been typing in.

It seems like you took a wrong turn somewhere in your life. You are into hunting, but your views about it seem to be all wrong. Back track to find out where you got lost and get back on course. If you think you are on course, you must be on a controlled substance. Go get some help if your in that situation.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

We should. Duh.

[blockquote]quote:

What we hunt with is none of your business! [/blockquote]

Au Contraire! 'Tis my business. Anything that affects me, no matter how tangentially, becomes my concern.I had a close friend shot and nearly killed by a junior hunter who didn't know how to operatethe double-safety on his 30-30. If I don't feel safe because you're putting your infant out there with an high-powered rifle, it is my business.
It is your business to feel as safe or unsafe as you wish. Your business stops when you wish to infringe upon the rights of any American who hasn't done anything wrong just because you don't feel safe. If you dont feel safe in the woods with law abiding 12 year olds who have passed their hunter ed and are accompanied by a parent or guardian then stay at home where you can "feel safe"

I'm a big boy, and I'm quite amused by your personal attacks, and your shots at my political ideology. That said, I refuse to respond any further to keep thisthread from deteriorating into a mudslinging match. If you'd like toattack my views further, feel free to shoot me a PM.Otherwise, we can agree to disagree.
Pretty typical of a liberal. Run away when confronted with real facts or when logical debate doesnt go their way.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

If you dont feel safe in the woods with law abiding 12 year olds who have passed their hunter ed and are accompanied by a parent or guardian then stay at home where you can "feel safe"
A lovely alternative to the ineffective paintball guns.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-27-2005, 10:46 PM

THE INTERNATIONAL HUNTERS SAFETY EDUCATION BOARD STATES THAT MORE PEOPLE ARE HURT PLAYING BADMITTEN THAN HUNTING EVERY YEAR. GUESS BADMITTEN IS OUT OF THE QUESTION TO. I GUESS HITTING THE BIRDIEIS THE NEXT THING WE WILL HAVE TO GIVE UP TO PLEASE THELIBERALS.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:03 AM

It seems like we should have the sports where you are more likely to get injured and get rid of or put restrictions on the safest sport. I see no logic in that.

Theres the liberal mind for ya.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like we should have the sports where you are more likely to get injured and get rid of or put restrictions on the safest sport. I see no logic in that.
There isn't any logic to it. It's just an emotional response as a result of their hatred/fear of guns.

Quick Reply: Rifles in bad hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.