Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!! >

Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

Old 09-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

My nephew and I put up some ladder stands a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday we went out to do some more scouting and decided to check an area where we put up a brand new ladder stand. When we got there it was GONE!! This wason a450 acre private and posted property. I never got the chance to hunt from it. Talk about being tickd off!! The scum who stole it is probally some looser that sits home and collects welfare while the rest of us pay for him to sit home. People who steal from others are the lowest forms of life. I hope the rotten SOB falls out of it and breaks his neck.
I just had to vent. Now I feel better.
MIKE
Old 09-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

i wouldnt feel lie a true hunter hunting out of a stolen stand
Old 09-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just so you will feel better, i had two ladder stands, feeder and two trailcams stolen from me last year in NC. If the person that stole them would drop me a line, i would be more then happy to let them have the rest of the ladders and the one camera they missed. (and a few other things)[:@]
Old 09-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Normal here in SE Pa. The fleamarkets are full of them for sale
Old 09-26-2005, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

Unless you live on the property,I suggest you lock everything down. We had the same problem at my buddies land. Well over 100 acres, all of it posted. It's sad, but true there are scums out there that know they can sell this stuff. We now lock and etch our NY license number on the stands.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

It is bad when that happens. I lock all of mine to the tree with a 6' double eyeaircraft cable from Aubucions. They can still cut it but need pretty decent bolt cutters to do it. So far since I have started that I haven't been ripped off.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:15 AM

There's no room on earth for thieves; liers and litter bugs.Their,s no excuse for them.Now mispelling isn't a crime .Good luck.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tough break and I know what it feels like. What's really sad to me is that it just isn't a rare thing. Seems like everybody I know who has used a portable for very many years has had at least 1 stolen.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

Unless you live on the property,I suggest you lock everything down. We had the same problem at my buddies land. Well over 100 acres, all of it posted. It's sad, but true there are scums out there that know they can sell this stuff. We now lock and etch our NY license number on the stands.
Great idea,but doesn't work!It just causes me to have a stand stolen and the lock and chain cut with bolt cutters!There are Aholes that rome the woods making note of where locked stands are and then they return later with bolt cutters and go"shopping" for treestands[:@].Etching your name or # will only help if you find your stand some where down the road,but thats highly unlikely.A buddy had 3 of the large 2 person ladder stands and a cam tracker stolen fromHIS property in SE Pa. last week! all brand new only up for a week!Those ladder stands take 2 people to carry them and they took all 3 and drug them almost a mile!We could all do without these scumbags in the woods,but it's not just confinded to the woods they are through out society!Good luck to all and stay safe(excepting the scumbags may they fall from their plunders and lay alone suffering on the cold hard earth!)
Old 09-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

thats sucks that people out there can steal other hunters stuff...how would they feel if they walked into the woods at dark only to find out their treestand was stolen. the best thing to do is put a lock on them so that way it makes them harder to steal but the sad thing is if they want them bad enough they will steal them somehow whether they are locked or not[:@]

Quick Reply: Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.