Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

any boars in pa

Old 09-21-2005, 08:04 AM

Default any boars in pa

hey guys i heard there are wild boars in the woods of pay can you kill these and is it true
Old 09-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any boars in pa

Umm ive lived here for 18 yrs and never saw one other then in a pen or on a hunting preserve.....
Old 09-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Yes sir Greek, you heard right. I heard different stories as to how they showed up. The most believable is that there was a trailer of them headed to a preserve from Georgia, but the preserve refused shipment and the driver didn't want to take them back to Georgia so he let them all go somewhere in Bedford County.

http://www.paoutdoornews.com/articles/2005/09/20//news/news3.txt
Old 09-22-2005, 06:38 AM

outdoor times keeps reporting there is .cambria.bedford.somerset counties I never seen one dead or alive in person thou
Old 09-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Spike

Don't bother going hunting on a preserve in PA for boar. 5 of my friends went last year and spent a sh*t load of money. The pigs were trapped on a small island with ram and other aninals. They told me that they were petting the pigs before they shot them dead. They had to kick them just to get them to move.It was a joke. The pigs looked dimestic with spray painted brown spots on them. Don't get suckered.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

my cousin said he say a few pigs last year on his hunting lease in cambria county
Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 AM

in bedford county there is a place called the wilderness i hunted pigs there you don't walk up to the pigs in there unless you want to get charged... he used to get his boars from cananda but the guy wasn't getting him quality pigs so he is going to start to breed his own andy knows his stuff he has the best looking white tails on his preserve... he is the guy who found galioth i think thats how you spell it....i was ram hunting there and i had a 300+ pound boar come right up to me started to snort at me and came close to me the guide jumped in front of me and they where like in a stand off... i heard about the boars being in the wild up near tioga county too and andy told me he had some pigs get out by him but i don't know if they made babies or what near him...
Old 09-22-2005, 07:33 AM

The pigs were trapped on a small island with ram and other aninals.
Steve Mohr, PGC Commissioner, owns & operates this island. [:'(]
Old 09-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I remember back in the late 70's they used to have a boar hunt at the Pa. Bow Festival in Sulavin Co. These boars were brought in and released in the nearby woods. Some of thease were large, around 300 lbs! I don't think all of these were killed.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

i live kinda close to bedford and the last i heard is there are boars that got out into the wild, and you are aloud to hunt them, but i never did. i think they would be fun to hunt and would be GREAT eating but i really dont want them in my area, i hear they cause a lot of problems to the land.

Quick Reply: any boars in pa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.