HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Any luck in NJ today ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/112268-any-luck-nj-today.html)

slugman 09-10-2005 02:40 PM

Any luck in NJ today ?

Was in my stand by daylight & sat till 11. Drew on a deer as it was coming in from a feild , but was a fawn. Maybe next time ? You guys ?

BOWHUNTERCOP 09-10-2005 04:44 PM

RE: Any luck in NJ today ?

I couldn't get the dayoff from work today........A few guys from NJH got deer, a BIG CONGRATS to them all !!!!!!

PABowhntr 09-10-2005 06:11 PM

Nothing on this end. Only one NJ hunter came into the shop today and he only saw two bucks.

Shame I don't "only see two bucks" when I go out hunting on the first day...but then again, you know how that goes. ;)

Duse500 09-10-2005 09:37 PM

Ya know I'v been in the woods everyweek for the past year(checking cameras,baiting,blablabla...)without any problems....UNTILL today
I decided I would sit tonight and maybe fill the doe tag,or maybe just see whats going on out of camera range.
About 11am I went to check a couple stands
For some reason I looked down at my knee-high rubber boots and saw they were covered with
CHIGGERS
The area between the top of my boot to the bottem of my shorts had hundreds and hundreds of them.I scraped what I could off, Then.......
I was at a full run 200 yards to get to the quad then full throttle back to the house.
Stripped bare ass naked in the back yard, paper towel with rubbing alcohol to wipe down with,Then jumpped in the pool that I had just shocked,then more rubbing alcohol then in the hot shower and scrub,then more alcohol
So needless to say I dident sit tonight.
By tomorrow I should know how many got me.
For those who dont know what chiggers are
They are the most GOD FORSAKEN insect in the wood,Spawns of satan,axis of evil
HAVE FEAR

Rickmur 09-11-2005 03:37 AM

Treat your pant legs with Peramone and chiggers won't be a problem. Last through a couple washes too;). Your lucky, I've never been able to see them before useing Peramone.

joedjr 09-11-2005 05:38 AM

Shot a doe at 6:30 AM and hit her a little high. She went about 30 yards and layed down so I sat for an hour. When I finally went up to her I thought she might run but she was dead. Went to check the deer in and waited on line for about an hour due to only2 check station in my area with bank a doe.
Couldn't go out in the afternoon due to soccer games..
I'll be going out Monday morning and hope to get the 10 pt. which is still in velvet.that was at my stand.

bowngun88 09-11-2005 08:18 AM

I missed a doe early in the morning. Didnt see anything after that all day except one little buck at about 7 am

JerseyJim 09-11-2005 01:51 PM

Seems like the NJ guy's on the NewJerseyHunter boards are seeing a lot of bucks!!! Some pretty good racks too....Looks like itmightbe a good year for NJ hunters...

mysticguido 09-11-2005 06:24 PM

I got my first traditional bow kill at 6:35am on Saturday, it was a DOE. I also saw a nice young 6 pointer, and about 6 DOE's & 4 Fawn's..... Might brave the heat on Monday......

liquidorange 09-13-2005 09:50 AM

im predicting a good year for deer in general. winter only had about 2 weeks of the miserable cold . i might head out this weekend. CHIGGERS SUCK!