HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   DE Archery Season Opener (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/111223-de-archery-season-opener.html)

Duckmastor2 09-01-2005 02:40 PM

DE Archery Season Opener

Dad and I went out to the leased place this morning. The wind wasnt great, but it was worth a try. Small doe and a fawn came by. The doe cut into the corn field before it hit my shooting window. That was all. Dad saw nothing. I'll try it again Saturday.

What suprised me was the lack of people out. I though maybe since it was a weekday, people didnt want to take off from work but last year was a weekday too and the public lands were mobbed. This year, ZIP! not 1 name on the sign in boards. Pissed me off too because I have multiple spots for todays wind and we could have had the whole woods to ourselves. If my old man wouldnt drive so slow, we could have swung by, but we were running late. At least he paid for the gas! ;)

Im sure the public grounds will be load this weekend and labor day. Nice weather rolling in. Keep the posts coming! Did anyone else venture out?

RonM 09-01-2005 06:29 PM

RE: DE Archery Season Opener

Well our guys went Dove hunting and the deer hunters said it was too hot to deer hunt, so after cleaning all the doves they hung around and partied.....

thruthevitals 09-02-2005 09:49 AM

In the tree this morning and hour before daylight, stayed till 10. Nothing, not even another hunter on the cd canal

Duckmastor2 09-02-2005 10:13 AM

In the tree this morning and hour before daylight, stayed till 10. Nothing, not even another hunter on the cd canal
I think you'll see people out tomorrow. Im going to swing by the public land anyhow to check the situation out. The wind will be better there. If its too crowded, i'll just head to the private field.

I was on another chat room and alot of people are saying gas prices are keepingthem from going. Hopefully this wont go on too long. [:'(]

Rickmur 09-03-2005 11:28 PM

Any reports from Saturday?

Duckmastor2 09-04-2005 07:31 AM

Went to the public land on Saturday. Heard one go by at 1st light but never saw it. Saw one sneak between my stand and the one across the way at 6:35. It wasnt running but you could tell it was in "get outta dodge" mode. About 8:25 a doe and 2 fawns came running by. Some leaving must have pushed them. They came by about 30 yds but never stopped running. I was back at the truck by 9am. Everyone else had left.

Time to get on my soap box again. I arrived at the sign in board at 4:30am. I have to drive by the parking area so I could see that no one was there yet. But, mysteriously there were 3 stands signed out. All the same had writing. Same sh#t was happening last year. There must be a local guy thats swinging by the night before reserving stands for himself and buddies so they can sleep in and still be assured a spot. The rules clearly state that you must go to your hunting area directly after signing in and remove your tag after you leave the area. They didnt remove their tags from the board either. On tuesday I'm going to report them to the person who runs the area. Its not fair to people like myself who live an hour away, who get up at 3am to make sure we get a spot. Thats the point of 'first come, first served'. I was hoping they would still be out when I came back so I could get their truck tag # but oh well. At least I can let Fish and Game know whats going on and whot to look for.

thruthevitals 09-04-2005 09:49 PM

Ill be able to get out tomorrow evening and then on tuesday, maybe ill get lucky

Duckmastor2 09-05-2005 05:48 PM

Went out this morning until 9am. Pretty morning, but didnt see any deer. Wont be out again until Saturday.

Duckmastor2 09-10-2005 09:08 AM

Another Repeat of Mondays action. Zip!

Anyone seeing anything?

cardeer 09-10-2005 11:24 AM

You all back already ??????? Geeze

DEBob 09-10-2005 05:11 PM

Got one this am that just materialized out of the fog.....8pt dressing 175+. Shot him with a Custom Timberspirit recurve a good friend of mine made for me....

Duckmastor2 09-10-2005 06:34 PM

Nice Deer. Its been a while since we heard from you. Glad to see you are still thining the herd!

Rickmur 09-10-2005 08:09 PM

Congratulations Bob.

Duckmastor2 09-17-2005 02:49 PM

All was quiet again this morning. My trail cam covering the major trail has not gone off in 10 days. Im not sure if I'll hunt that stand again until the corns cut. May just stick to the public grounds. I was going to go there today but 3 guys beat me to the stands I wanted. Qudos to them. I was there 1:20 before shooting time and the were already heading in. Good job!

I dont think that the neighbor to my east was in the woods blasting away at ducks. Its only Teal season and all I've EVER seen in our woods is Wood Ducks. Hmmmm.......

Hows everyone else doing?

RonM 09-17-2005 03:15 PM

DEBob where did you get your deer , at your grandpops ? I am headed down his way tomorrow for a family reunion, will probably stop and visit with his neighbors , might see him around, next time you're talking to him tell him I said Hi., he was teacher in 58..... I know he is a retired Army General too. "Jimmy Lee"

Duckmastor2 09-23-2005 01:40 PM

Had the public land all to myself this morning. Wind was good, but no deer. Its suppose to be cloudy and cool tomorrow so I'm going to give the afternoon a shot. The AM just hasnt produced many sightings at all this year so far.

Duckmastor2 09-25-2005 08:16 AM

Man its been a slow start. Where are all the F'n deer? Hunted the public ground from 4pm til dark. Had the whole woods to myself. Saw nothing.

Wont get out until next saturday so this is it for me on the Early thread. Will start an Oct thread next week. Keep the posts coming.

RonM 09-25-2005 10:25 AM

Duck we are picking corn across from the Ennis Farm, if it stays clear we are going to quit corn and go to soybeans, if it is cloudy and damp we are going to stay with corn and will probably ge the farm this week, We have not seen many deer while picking corn in that area at all.

Duckmastor2 09-25-2005 05:58 PM

Ron, I got excited when I saw the dust coming from the field on Saturday. Thought you were doing the public side, but quickly saw it was across the street. If you hit that corn this week, send me an EMail the day before I can be sure im there. Its worth a shot!

xi demon 09-26-2005 08:31 AM

I got lucky this year and struck some private land down state.Partner went to a stand we set up and got curious after not seeinganything and went to find the trail the deer where using to get to the soy bean field, found that but walking back tothe stand there were 3 does in the open right infront of the stand. too bad for him. I couldn't shot my bow due to some stitches in my hand, this saturday I'll be out. I'll keep you guys posted. I will also be hunting some public land this year as well.

Rickmur 09-26-2005 04:27 PM

Duck, Ron is trying to tell youthey arepicking corn at the Ennis
Farm at Woodland Beach but he has no reply button. He is signed in but can't reply.

Duckmastor2 09-26-2005 06:00 PM

Thanks MD. I assume he means right now or tomorrow AM and I either way, I cant get down there. Thanks for letting me know!

RonM 09-26-2005 06:17 PM

I am back on track now, yes we started at 3 oclock today , along the Rt 9 side, saw a few nice deer across the road while I was chopping stalks, It doesnt look like we are going to get any rain, so I will probably be over there for a couple days chopping stalks. I think the farm across the road might back up to your private lease or at least it has to be close to your lease...

todd a smith 09-27-2005 09:37 PM

guys, i havent been to the area i hunt in de once, but if it is like any other year, i really do not need to. i am hoping to hunt de in nov and dec. i will c. i love hunting there because of the large swamps and wonderful landscape...not to mention that i know the area:) i hope that the deer start appearing..i am hoping that with all of the building, the deer are being pushed to my areas more than ever:)