Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Tags runnin' low >

Tags runnin' low

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Tags runnin' low

Old 08-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Tags runnin' low

but it really agitates me that they get to send for unsold doe tags the same time we do. That means a NR could , by luck of the draw, get a second tag where a resident gets his back stamped "sold out"
I did not know that but definitely agree with you. I am crossing my fingers for a 3D tag come the next round.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

I just checked to see if my check for 3b was cashed and it was. I'm not really concerned about an extra tag for 3b, I live in 5c and I know they won't run out anytime soon. Good luck getting yourextra tag.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The powers that be know it's hot hunting in Center City Philadelphia. That's why the tags are more available down there. There are many ranches and great guide services near the art museum, Rittenhouse Square and South Street. I'm sure our counterparts in the Steel City also have those sprawling ranches within the city limits.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

...not to mention the fact that non-residents get to apply this Monday.
I'm all for the NR's getting a doe tag after we get onne but before we get the second one but it really agitates me that they get to send for unsold doe tags the same time we do. That means a NR could , by luck of the draw, get a second tag where a resident gets his back stamped "sold out" NR's should get a chance at unsold tags but it should happen one week after the residents.

JMHO!
What do you what everything (LOL) at least we get a even shot at round 2 tags but as it seems there won't be any left in most places. What about us non-rsidents who own land in PA and pay taxes on that land, we have pay non resident rates for everything and that stinks!
Old 08-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad's and mine check was cashed for 1B, so we got ours. It's sold out now so I think im gonna try getting one for 1A again, my uncle hunts down there and he said he'll take me ML hunting with him after x'mas break like he did last year. Just hope they don't run out between now and then.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

What do you what everything (LOL) at least we get a even shot at round 2 tags but as it seems there won't be any left in most places. What about us non-rsidents who own land in PA and pay taxes on that land, we have pay non resident rates for everything and that stinks!
Sorry but I think the residents of any state should have first shot at any priveleges including the second tag. I got no problem with NR's getting a fair shot at the first one after resident get theirs but it's just plain wrong when a PA resident gets bumped by a NR at his chance at a tag. Show me another state where a NR can bump out a resident on ANY licensewhere numbers are limited!
BTW, last I looked, Landowners with a big enough piece of ground do get a tag for their ground.

As for you beef about owning property here and still having to pay NR fees, guess what? Its that way in most (I'd bet all) states. You pay get to pay resident fees where you live. Period.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Sorry but I think the residents of any state should have first shot at any priveleges including the second tag. I got no problem with NR's getting a fair shot at the first one after resident get theirs but it's just plain wrong when a PA resident gets bumped by a NR at his chance at a tag. Show me another state where a NR can bump out a resident on ANY licensewhere numbers are limited!

BTW, last I looked, Landowners with a big enough piece of ground do get a tag for their ground.

As for you beef about owning property here and still having to pay NR fees, guess what? Its that way in most (I'd bet all) states. You pay get to pay resident fees where you live. Period.
BTB....first, let me say that I'm not against residents getting first shot at tags but my problem is that I know all to well that residents gets tags for their sons, daughters, wives even if they dont hunt. Also, I can't tell the number of times I have been at our property ( which by the way is 60 ac, 5 bedrooms, a bunkroom) and have heard single shots from large caliber guns fired at all time of the day/night. I ask you what are they shooting at? I have my opinion on that. (LOL)

As far as paying NR rates and it being that way in most states I know that but I'm entitled to my opinion and I still think it STINKS. Anyway good luck in round 2 for doe tags. Hope you have a successful year inthe woods. Good Luck and saty safe.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I feel that if you own land in the state and can prove it with a utility bill or such you should be able to pay the same fees as the resident. Your paying your property taxes, etc. I have no problem with residents getting first shot at tags. Seeing as how most of the places I hunt is as a NR. Do I complain about the fees, no, but if the NR is going to pay 6 times that of the resident some tags should be readily available. Look at 2G in PA, sold out in what like two or three days.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Also, I can't tell the number of times I have been at our property ( which by the way is 60 ac, 5 bedrooms, a bunkroom) and have heard single shots from large caliber guns fired at all time of the day/night. I ask you what are they shooting at? I have my opinion on that. (LOL)
Thats a bummer no matter where it happens! I hope they get what they deserve!

Just for the record, I also agree that more consideration should be given to folks who own the land. Just because its the way things are done in most states doesnt make it right.

Good luck to you this season as well!!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Bowteck9 move in by all means, we would love all your tax money, and gas, and school , and insurance, ect. Otherwise get your extra tag up in conn. where you live. Just kiddin, but really res. should have some presidence. Anyway 5c aint gonna sell out soon, and I rifle hunt in Sullivan, who want to lug a forigin doe 300 miles from there, when there eatin corn and bean around here?

Quick Reply: Tags runnin' low

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.