Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WV DNR Proposes New Lifetime License Fee >

WV DNR Proposes New Lifetime License Fee

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV DNR Proposes New Lifetime License Fee

Old 07-26-2005, 09:10 AM

Default WV DNR Proposes New Lifetime License Fee

The WV DNR has proposed an increase in the WV Lifetime Hunting and Fishing license since the approval of the regularlicenses increase of this year.

The fee for a Class A-L lifetime hunting and trapping licesnes is going to go from $425 to $760
The fee for a Class AB-L lifetime hunting, trapping and fishing licenses is going to go from $570 to $760
The fee for a Class B-L lifetime fishing licenses is going to go from $325 to $530
The fee for a Class O-L lifetme trout licenses is going to go from $150 to $230

and

The fees for all infant lifetime licenses shall be one-half the price of the equivalent adult lifetime licenses rounded up to the nearest dollar.

I got this information from the WV DNR via email. It is changes to the Title 58 Series 67 Lifetime Hunting, Trapping and Fishing Licenses. These are just proposals that have been sent to the WV State Legislature for review and approval. I believe if you go to the WV DNR site you will see that the DNR is accepting comments on this change plus some other issues, but you only have till the 28th I believe.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WV DNR Proposes New Lifetime License Fee

That's pretty cheap .
I have an Indiana Comprehensive hunting license , which includes all tags and stamps except for migratory birds(federal) , and it cost $855 . It does not include fishing or trapping . If you don't already have a LL then get one before your state phases them out as mine did this year , it's the best bargain you'll ever get .
Old 07-27-2005, 06:16 AM

Kevin your correct about it being a good deal, and if anyone can, they should get them. You never know when the state may do away with them. That was my son's worry when he was in school and working part time that the state would do away with it before he could save the money.

I have had mine for 10 years now, but of course 10 years ago they were cheaper. I think the combined life time hunting and fishing was $300 ten years ago. If you bought an individual hunting, like my one brother in law did you would pay $250 for it, then if you decided you also wanted the life time fishing you would pay another $250. So the combined package is the way to go.

It is such a good feeling knowing that I don't have to run out in December and buy a license so I can hunt in January.

I had a guy ask on my hunting forum, if he bought the life time and then moved out of state if they would still be good. That is the thing with the life time license, it is life time and doesn't matter where you live after you have done purchased them. The only requirement is that your a resident of the state before you buy them. Once you have received them, their good from now on!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:39 AM

I guess most of the WV hunters on this forum have their lifetime licenses, since not much response to the topic.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:52 AM

I was going to get them a few years ago when it was still like $325 for the whole hunting and fishing..but when i went to do it they had raised it and I didnt have the money........... well..........now i still dotn have the money.........but i am thinking of trying to atleast get my lifetime hunting and trapping........... and dont fish all that often..(never even went last year or this year so far)....... so i could jsut pick up a fishing liscense seperate if i felt the urge to go fishing
Old 08-01-2005, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: WVHunter129

I guess most of the WV hunters on this forum have their lifetime licenses, since not much response to the topic.
Got mine about 10yrs ago from my parents as a Xmas gift.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

..as a land owner, I see no need to purchase those. I do buy lic, if I'm hunting on any other proerty, which is rarely these days. the hunting lic. may seem cheap, but that's a whole lotta $$ with little shown for it, in my opinion. I don't see the State picking up any of the WestVaCo ground..like Springfield Area in Hampshire Co.!! it was leased for yrs by the State, when it was sold, the State didn't buy it. Sorry, I no longer believe in the management of the $$ given to the DNR.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bspencer

I was going to get them a few years ago when it was still like $325 for the whole hunting and fishing..but when i went to do it they had raised it and I didnt have the money........... well..........now i still dotn have the money.........but i am thinking of trying to atleast get my lifetime hunting and trapping........... and dont fish all that often..(never even went last year or this year so far)....... so i could jsut pick up a fishing liscense seperate if i felt the urge to go fishing
Take one of the 50 "Zero introductory rate" credit card offers you get in the mail every month and select the one that will give you a credit line that's enough to buy the LL . If your state allows upgrades after purchase as mine did then get the one that you can afford to pay off within 6 months now , and the upgrade the second 6 months so that you can basically get an interest free loan . Cancel the card when you're done , expense problem resolved .