Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many

Old 07-22-2005, 06:23 AM

Default RE: How many

ORIGINAL: Jimmy S

I once heard that New Jersey has more deer(area) per square milethan any state in the country. It is the most deer populated state based on size. Is this true?

YES IT IS... Thats way some zones have unlimited DOE tag's
Old 07-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

The problem is we have more people per square mile then any other state also! So finding a place to hunt all these deer isn't all that easy! The deer have way too many safety zones to hide in until the seasons are over!
Old 07-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JerseyJim

The deer have way too many safety zones to hide in until the seasons are over!
Thats because of all the anti hunting sentament in Jersey. A lot of these places can be opened up to bowhunting but the antis cry you can't shoot bamby untill he starts eating my shrubs, thenthey start cryingsomething has to be done which useually means sharpshooters.
BTW Jim, havn't seen you in a long time.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:11 PM

I have heard that Jersey is the most densly populated state in the U.S.(people) never heard it about deer.My wife is from south jersey and it is great looking deer country in thepine barrons with alot of white oak.I never hunted n.j but believe there is alot of deer in some areas but a big lack of areas to hunt them.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

Thats because of all the anti hunting sentament in Jersey. A lot of these places can be opened up to bowhunting but the antis cry you can't shoot bamby untill he starts eating my shrubs, thenthey start cryingsomething has to be done which useually means sharpshooters.
BTW Jim, havn't seen you in a long time.
We sure do have a ton of anti's running around this state!!! The sad thing is the wildlife management decisions here are usually based more on political gain the scientific data! NJ is definitely the front lines of the war against the closed minded anti's! We have to fight tooth and nail for every inch we get and trying to keep the inches we already havehere! It gets frustrating but it's a fight worth fighting!
MdBohuntr, I've been around. I check in here about once a day or every other day. I spend most of my time over at the NewJersyHunter boards but I still like coming to see my old friends at Hunting Net!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:53 PM

I have a goal to hunt all 50 states, each year I tryto addnew state or Prov to my list. So I will beDeer hunting NJ some year,would like to team it up with Delaware or Marylanddeer hunt.

States hunted so far - VT,ME,NH,NY,MA,PA,NC,WY,CO & AK
In Canada -New Brunswick & Ontario

This year Quebec gets added to the list.