Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunting License changes for next year? >

PA Hunting License changes for next year?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunting License changes for next year?

Old 07-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default PA Hunting License changes for next year?

I have been hearing rumors about several hunting license changes for next year. I know they want an overall license increase but what I have been hearing is that they are coming out with a pheasant stamp....and the migratory bird stamp cost is going to go up to $10. Any of this true?
Old 07-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA Hunting License changes for next year?

i dont know if its true, but i dont mind paying more.. but why dont they just increase the license instead of charging for one or two things.. you say about the pheasant stamp well arent they decreasing the pheasant stock?? i would rather see the over all license increase.. thats just my 2cents
Old 07-10-2005, 05:44 AM
Host of Hosts

I heard that the archery stamps are going to 23.00 and the main back tag is going to 30.00. Doe tags to 9.50. I didn't hear anything about the migratory or pheasant stamp idea. Not sure about the accuracy of the info, but usually this guy is on top of everything hunting related.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is strange because I heard the archery stamp wasn't changing at all. I don't mind paying more for my license...and apologize if it came across that way. I was just curious as to if any of you heard any of the specifics.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

My walletgot $186.50 lighter when I bought my license this year and that does not include doe tags yet to come! What are they talking about for non-resident tags costing? When all said and done it probable will be $30 a pound! LOL

Old 07-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

What are they talking about for non-resident tags costing?
I haven't heard anything in that regard yet but I can ask the guys who were discussing it when I see them this week.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't heard a thing about costs other than the PGC wants/needs an increase. I do suspect thought that next year we might be carrying our licenses in our wallets and have a point of purchase system like many other states. This is already in the works for PA, but nobody is sure when we'll get it. Should be in the next year or two.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

there was a write up today in the altoona mirror, about it.. i didnt read it all, though i saw they were increasing everything and adding things like the pheasant stamp and even 6 bucks for turkey.. ill read the whole thing tomorrow
Old 07-11-2005, 05:04 AM

A coalition of sportsmans groups have met and come up with different licensing proposals that are proposed to the legislators. The increases are aimed at meeting the needs of the PGC to maintain current programs and to meet any anticipated increases. Any increase requires legislative approval and none has been introduced yet. Any increase is at least a year or two away the way the legislators work.

All you are hearing right now is talk. Nothing firm.

http://www.pfsc.org/option29.xls- Proposed $29 increase
http://www.pfsc.org/option34.xls- Proposed $34 increase
Old 07-11-2005, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the update T. I will check out those links.

Quick Reply: PA Hunting License changes for next year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.