Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunters, have you seen this? >

PA Hunters, have you seen this?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters, have you seen this?

Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default PA Hunters, have you seen this?

http://www.petitiononline.com/hntpa/petition.html

Someone made a petition to the PGC trying to get your house bill passed to allow Sunday hunting. I did you all a favor and just added my .02 cents as an out-of-stater, trying to help out the state of PA.

If you guys get Sunday hunting allowed, then all the others states should follow suit. I mean, come on... look at this image from the NRA-ILA website!

Butch A.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Hunters, have you seen this?

That map is incorrect in that PA does allow limited sunday hunting...foxes, crows, and coyotes can be hunted on Sundays. I would say it should be green.

I'd like to see it red like almost all of the country!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:55 PM

The petition is misguided. PGC does not have contol over Sunday hunting, the State Legislators do. PGC can't do a dang thing about it at this time. Like asking the PGC to make the speed limit 75 on interstates.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think there will come a day when Sunday hunting will be allowed. I just hope it's closer than we think. I know they say it will bring in allot more revenue and get more people in the woods...I just wonder how many marriages it will break up.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think T is correct though I, for one, appreciate your support in support of Sunday hunting in PA.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

T, while the survey may suggest that the PGC can change the law I know(as well assome others) that the PA Leg. has the control there. However, this petition does let the PGC know that we support it if nothing else. Sadly, almost every hunter I talk to about the issue seems to think the PGC is blocking it....most are ill informed or simply don't bother to look into anything. This is also part of the problem; most hutners I talk to want Sunday hunting to happen, but most also don't pay any attention to anything and don't let thier voice be heard. Hell, half of them don't even know the PGC holds quarterly meetings let alone pay any attention to anything else hunting related unless somebody makes a big stink about it....AR and HR come to mind in this instance.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:36 AM

Agreed Jason. Majority only read what the "headline" is and don't take the time to educate themselves on the details.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

T And Jason I'm 1 of those and between work, chores, wife ,kids(3,5,7) we need to take the blame for what happens to the thing that means an aweful lot to us, but not more than my wife and kids.
At the same time I could get a hunt in on Sunday morning before they got out of bed!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

At the same time I could get a hunt in on Sunday morning before they got out of bed!
My thougths exactly.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

The legislature has control over the Sunday hunting issue but the PGC has a long history of opposition. With the declining base of hunters their accompanying revenue problems, it will be only a matter of time before the PGC is forced to come out of the dark ages on this issue.

Quick Reply: PA Hunters, have you seen this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.