Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PGC and Gary Alt' Newspaper comments? >

PGC and Gary Alt' Newspaper comments?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC and Gary Alt' Newspaper comments?

Old 06-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default PGC and Gary Alt' Newspaper comments?

Has anyone else been following the exchange between Gary Alt and several PGC spokespeople in the press? I just read about it in the PA Outdoor News but it seems to have been going on in the Pennsylvania Inquirer. Interesting comments on both sides.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PGC and Gary Alt' Newspaper comments?

I read Alt's article....then DuBrock's article....then The PA Outdoors News article which was basically a summary. Frankly, I think DuBrock slapped Alt up good with his article. Citing the things Alt didn't do and the things the PGC is continuing or expanding to do when I comes to AL tags. In the beginning I liked Alt and felt he had a good plan....now I'm feeling like he just wants to save flowers and trees and kill every deer in the state.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think we saw some of it here over the last few weeks.

Guess I should pick up a copy of Outdoor news

I'll say this, I supported Gary Alt and mostly agree with what he tried to do but his attack of the PGC was a bit unprofesssional and showed quite a bit of sour grapes. Not what I would have expected from him.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

i just got done reading field & stream and there is a story in it also.. what i dont understand is alt doesnt think that the hunters should have a say in what goes on w/ the herd. even though we pay for everything... oh well he is gone and i hope he dosent come back, i hope we get it all worked out here in PA. and i also would love for the hunters to start getting along
Old 06-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

In the beginning I liked Alt and felt he had a good plan....now I'm feeling like he just wants to save flowers and trees and kill every deer in the state.
I was left with much the same impression after reading the Outdoor News article. It seems like he could care less about hunters' opinions. I am glad though that the PGC finally came out publicly stating that the 1.6 million deer estimate was not accurate.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alt is a tree hugging ,fern loving, deer hating Idiot.Never has any state been so divided by one jerk.

The antis are loving this one.Burning bridges seems to be onhis agenda now.

If you feel the need to shoot a bunch of does go to the hot spots and shoot them, if you feel your deer #s are down then don't shoot the does.
Alt didn't shoot all those doe it was hunters,and if you want to see deer again then it too will be up to the hunters.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:02 AM

fern loving
Exact opposite. Ferns are everywhere. Deer don't eat ferns. He wants the plants that ferns do not allow to grow.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok lets have a QFM ,Kill all the big ferns and let the little ones grow.The world would thank all adult fern killers And our insurance rates would plumet.

Dammn and I thought it was those big doe's that caused global warming!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:44 AM

AS for the 1.6 million deer, the actual quote from the PGC was " even a third grader knows that there are not that many deer" which I feel that about most things that Alt said. Sorry, the truth hurts.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

"The antis are loving this one."

I personally doubt the anti's are really getting riled up over this. Can't see PETA launching a campaign based on Alt and the PGC not seeing eye to eye, or Pa's inability as a state to understand QDM.

Quick Reply: PGC and Gary Alt' Newspaper comments?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.