HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Muzzleloading Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/muzzleloading-guns-78/)
-   -   WTS: M1777 Charleville + Other Models - $490 - OR (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/muzzleloading-guns/416249-wts-m1777-charleville-other-models-490-a.html)

thomas.emard 11-15-2017 11:48 PM

WTS: M1777 Charleville + Other Models - $490 - OR

The M1777 Charleville was the AR15 of the 18th century, and stood as the pinnacle of that era's weapons technology. France was foremost in the field of standardized parts, with the British Empire flagging far behind with their iconic, economical "Brown Bess" (the Brown Bess is no slouch however, and was very much the AK47 of the 18th century). The newly-formed US Army, having combat experience with both the Charleville and Brown Bess, chose overwhelmingly to adopt the Charleville's features for the first American military longarm, the 1795 Springfield.

These are faithful recreations to the originals, down to minute detail. Updates over the M1766 French Land Pattern included a lighter stock, angled pan, and the addition of a cheek groove in the buttstock.

Beyond the 1777, models I have available:

-1842 Springfield x2
-1853 Enfield, 1st Model x1 ---SOLD---
-1842 Palmetto x1
-1847 Springfield Carbine x1
-Brown Bess, 2nd Model x1 ---SOLD---
-1777 Charleville Carbine x1 ---SOLD---
-1766 French Sea Pistol x1

Pictured are the 1777's, I have photos available for all models but I can only add a few to any thread. Really the only major difference is wood pattern, which can be all over the place, from very mute to super exotic.

Important Information:

-These are 90% complete kits. While they are ready to take to the range right out of the box, you may find a cleaning is necessary to get the lock to function perfectly smoothly, not to mention to avoid getting grease all over yourself and the range. If you are a stickler for proper historical wood, the stocks will require a walnut stain (as these are teak).

-Made by Rajasthan Manufacturing, same gentlemen who supply all the shops, such as Loyalist. The only differences; I don't clean your firearm, I don't stain your stock, and I don't detail your lock. But, by comparison, Middlesex currently sells their 1777 Charleville for $650, and you have to pay extra for shipping.

-Caliber: .69

-Stock: Rosewood/Teak

-Fixings: Steel

-Bayonets, scabbards, gun wax, and slings are all coming soon.

Feel free to shoot me an email anytime: thomas.emard at protonmail.com. Paypal is preferred method of payment, everything ships USPS Priority Ground. I am more than happy to combine shipping, so if you and some buddies have always wanted to see just how fun black powder can be, now is your chance.

thomas.emard 11-15-2017 11:49 PM

Not sure why the photos did not attach.... just shoot me an email, I've got photos a'plenty for every model.