Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Miscellaneous
 Hunting Sports Plus - Worth It? Is there a better club in KS/MO? >

Hunting Sports Plus - Worth It? Is there a better club in KS/MO?

Community
Miscellaneous Still trying to get rid of that old couch or TV? Try selling it here.

Hunting Sports Plus - Worth It? Is there a better club in KS/MO?

Old 01-21-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Hunting Sports Plus - Worth It? Is there a better club in KS/MO?

I'm moving to Kansas City and my son and I would love to find a good club. I've checked out a few and wondering if anyone has any information about Hunting Sports Plus club?

My son just bought a Ruger M77 with is hard earned money and would love to kill a deer. Does this club have good deer and turkey property? Or is it few and far between?

What about the waterfowl and upland big hunting. Is this club have property that you can reserve and have pretty good chances of pulling the trigger?

Any transferrable lifetime membership available?
Old 01-23-2005, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Sports Plus - Worth It? Is there a better club in KS/MO?

I would have loved to sell you my membership, just missed by 5 years. I was a member of HSP and had a so so experience. The problem for me was I lived in St. Louis and all there property is on the west side of MO. If I lived in KC I would join again. They have good properties (at least they did 5 years ago) but you must scout and find the good deer/turkey properties. They used to be geared towards upland. Daryl was was the gentleman that was running/owning it when I was a member and he was a very nice guy. I would not hesitate to join again if things haven't taken a turn for the worse.

You can reserve the property ahead of time and (unless it is a huge property) have it all to yourself.

I never waterfowl hunted, but they did have strip pits with blinds on them just south of KC. I also bowhunted some land in Columbia, MO that was right on the MO river that had some areas that were holding ducks.

Good luck!
Old 07-05-2005, 01:51 PM

Default RE: Hunting Sports Plus - Worth It? Is there a better club in KS/MO?

I live in the St. Louis area and have been an HSP member for a couple of years. They've done a great job of getting more farms in the eastern and northeast part of Missouri lately. I mostly bowhunt for deer and turkey and the club farms I've been on are very nice. I highly recommend them.

Good hunting.