Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Miscellaneous
8.5 ft Real polar bear rug for sale .$10,000 obo >

8.5 ft Real polar bear rug for sale .$10,000 obo

Community
Miscellaneous Still trying to get rid of that old couch or TV? Try selling it here.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Spike

Thumbs up 8.5 ft Real polar bear rug for sale .$10,000 obo

$1200 per foot appraisal
Legally Hunted
Taxidermy records and paperwork

Serious inquries only

Cheers,

Nick

8.5 ft Real polar bear rug for sale .,000 obo-pb1.jpg

8.5 ft Real polar bear rug for sale .,000 obo-pb2.jpg

8.5 ft Real polar bear rug for sale .,000 obo-appaisal.jpg

Last edited by solidhunts; 11-30-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Nick---Website rules require that all sales and advertisements be placed only in the Classified Section, not in the regular forums like this one! It's also against the rules to make the same post in more than one Forum because it's considered spamming. Since you just registered for the site and have violated two rules here already you may want to read all the rules of the website before proceeding any further! Thanks!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 11-30-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Thread moved to appropriate forum per HNI rules.

CalHunter
Old 12-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Better check with the feds! the following is from a site containing info by the feds regarding sale of certain wildlife. If it is illegal, it is illegal to even offer it for sale. http://www.fws.gov/home/feature/2012...actsheetv3.pdf

from the above link.

Polar bear: No sale in interstate or
international commerce since species
is listed as threatened under the ESA.
No sale within a State unless item
meets MMPA standards for sale

Last edited by Oldtimr; 12-10-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

What year was this polar bear killed and do you have the legal paperwork for it? PM me back so I can determine if HNI rules allow this ad to remain or not. Thx.

CalHunter
Old 12-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

You need to be very, very careful with things like Polar Bear. Even if it was legally taken there are many rules about taking the things across state lines since they are now classified as either a threatened or endangered species. I have a little personal experience with this sort of thing.

I had a member of my family that was a missionary in China before WWII. He did some hunting and took a tiger and brought it back to the states when he returned. Such things were completely legal then. I ended up with the tiger skin after this family member's son passed. In order to legally transport it to my home in CO had to get several permits from the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service since tiger is now an endangered species. The fact that cat had been killed more than 7 decades ago didn't matter. It took over 2 years and cost several hundred dollars to get the paperwork in order but I made sure it got done because I didn't want to get pinched for illegally transporting endangered species in the USA.

It was also worth it because having a tiger skin is really kind of cool. You don't see things like that very often.