Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Miscellaneous
 Hunting Land for Sale in WV and Ohio >

Hunting Land for Sale in WV and Ohio

Community
Miscellaneous Still trying to get rid of that old couch or TV? Try selling it here.

Hunting Land for Sale in WV and Ohio

Old 01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting Land for Sale in WV and Ohio

That's so true. The same situation was true when i lived outside of the Quad-Cities in Illinois. Another big issue in this part of the state is that much of the land is prime farmland. So, even if the developers don't want it, the farmers aren't going to let it go cheap. As you said, however, southeast of here in the hill country sounds much better.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:12 PM

In this part of Ohio, you can sometimes find old stripmined land that's been reclaimed. It's no good for farming, but EXCELLENT for holding big buck. But this area is really growing, so the developers are always on he prowl. I wonder where my kids will hunt.[&o]
Old 01-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stoneman,

I just took a look at rurRet's website. The prices look somewhat reasonable down there. You can get 20 acres of woods for the price of a pick-up truck, a very nice pick-up truck that is. Hell, I could get 60-80 acres down there for what I am paying out in child support. I think that I'll nickname my son the "80 Acre Kid."
Old 01-09-2006, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Stoneman,
...Hell, I could get 60-80 acres down there for what I am paying out in child support. I think that I'll nickname my son the "80 Acre Kid."
LMAO...that's a GOOD ONE. I'll have to use that one...I'm always teasing my kids (I have 5) that I've been keeping a tab all these years, and that they're going to have to repay me for everything when they get their first job. It was hilarious for awhile...until my oldest was 13, they believed me. I wouldn't trade my kids for all of Ohio...but now the wife? I'd let her go for the right 25 acre spot.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:41 PM

Really the only way to ensure you and your family have a place to hunt in the future is to buy some remote property of your own. I just happen to have some for sale!

Seriously, though,with the way thedevelopers put deed restrictions on land and the way cities outlaw shooting or even owning certain guns (i.e. Columbus), you really do not have freedom any more even if you own the land yourself. Thankfully, in my part of Ohio, if you own the land you can pretty much do with it as you please. Who knows how long that will last, but I do know that we are not putting deed restrictions on the land we sell.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

RurRet,

Testify Brother!!!

If it wasn't for my above-mentioned financial "situation," you and i would probably be haggling over the price of one of your 40 acre tract about right now.

The more land that ends up in the hands of people who want to keep it that way it is for hunting, the better off we will all be.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RurRet

Please visit www.RurRet.com for great deals on hunting land in Ohio and WV, much of which is adjacent to public hunting lands.
quarter million dollars for 200 acres of straight up and down? I know the area in WV thats' on your website...you'll get that for it, but it wont be for hunting.... guaranteed... that close to the Toyota plant in Buffalo
and all.....
Old 01-11-2006, 02:28 PM

The 219 acres in West Virginia is only $200,000, but I'd be very happy to get a quarter million out of it! We have 200+/- acresin Pike County, Ohio for $250,000, maybe that's what mixed you up.

We are really just offering it as raw land for hunting or whatever, but if someone wants to buy and develop it, that's their decision. Like I said above, I believe that once you buy a property, it should be up to you and you alone to decide what to do with it, including hunting, shooting, camping, etc. and nopersonor governmental entity should tell you otherwise.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:23 PM

Hey, do me a favor and tell me once ya find a 40 acre tract for less than $1000/acre in Wisconsin that isn't bog or swamp!I'd snatch that up quicker than you can say just about anything!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:13 PM

I'd love to find a great deal like that on some land up there in Wisconsin (or anywhere for that matter)!