Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Cat hunting in WI.  I voted NO >

Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

Old 04-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

I voted NO to cat hunting...
This proposal was a stupid idea. 1st of all, we just took all the non-hunting cat lovers and turned them into ANTI-HUNTERS. We really did not need to add to that list.
Also, Who the heck cares if the cats eat a few tweety birds?
They are just doing what us hunters do... Right? And... Feral? I don't think so... these are farm cats us rural folks use as working tools on our farms to keep the rats out of the grain. And... Why should it be the hunters job to do the dirty work! Make the pet lovers clean up there own mess if they are so worried about loseing a couple song birds.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

it is dumb
Old 04-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Dominant Buck

It isn't solely about "a few tweety birds" ,
feral cats decimate small game populations whever they are allowed to proliferate . BTW , if the cat owners were doing their part feral cats would never have become an issue in the first place .

We shoot them on sight here , and our rabbits , along with quail and other ground nesting birds are just now beginning to recover . Eradicating feral problem animals of any kind is NOT hunting , it's vermin reduction , a service that we perform for the betterment of all . No different or worse than sniping woodchucks , coyotes , or prarie dogs .
Old 04-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

A few years ago there was a study done in WI. They determined there were about 1 million feral cats in the state. Each of these cats killed an average of 40 birds a year. Do the math. Remember, these aren't all Tweetie birds, there are plenty of pheasants, grouse and nesting waterfowl among the victims. I heard that some in the state want the cats to be caught and neutered/spayed, can you imagine how much that would cost! Hunting is allowed for most other predators (coons,skunks,coyotes,etc.), feral cats shouldn't be treated any different. Keep in mind that we aren't taking about someone's tabby that sits on their lap and purrs all day, these are wild predators and should be treated as such.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I say shoot them. They do a lot of damage to the small game population. I was in Indiana goose hunting back in December. In three days we probably saw 75 stray cats all over the country side. If cat lovers love their cats they should not let them out every night to kill small game and breed. I think if it is 100 yards form a house it should be fair game.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:53 AM

ya shoot my cat a 100 yards from my house it would still be on my property and not only would it make you a criminal , it would cause me to drop you in your tracks!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:07 AM

i wish they would open it in iowa. I hate cats[:'(]
Old 04-14-2005, 11:11 AM

takes a lot of skill to kill a family pet
Old 04-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

They need to be controlled just like every other animal.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

I see tons of cats while hunting. They all belong to farmers in the area who have them to control rodents. They are not feral wild preditors. I see no reason why a hunter would want to kill a cat? I was brought up with respect for all liveing creatures, especially someone else's pet or farm animal. Some farmers said they would no longer allow hunting on there farms at my DNR meeting.

Quick Reply: Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.