Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Looking for all MN hunters please.. >

Looking for all MN hunters please..

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Looking for all MN hunters please..

Old 03-19-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Looking for all MN hunters please..

Fellow MN hunters, I am asking for your support. I'm not sure how many of you predator hunt, but there is currently a small but growing number of us predator hunters in Minnesota who are making a push to make it legal to use lights at night for predator hunting. Ever since the bottom has dropped out of the fur market and many winters have passed with little snow, coyote, raccoon, and to a lesser extent fox numbers have skyrocketed. These growing numbers are resulting in greater depredation of waterfowl and upland game bird nests as well as fawn mortality. It is currently legal and effective in 23 other states.
So, we are trying to make it legal to use red lights at night to predator hunt, which will dramatically improve winter harvest numbers. Currently, representative Dean Simpson and representative Tom Hackbarth are authoring a bill to be ammended to the current hunting regulations allowing for light use for predator hunting. More than likely Senator Chaudhary will be authoring a senate companion bill as well. We have made it this far, but now the work begins, we need as much support as possible to make this push. If you would like to be involved in this movement, send me an email, and I will add you to our communications list. Thanks for your time..
[email protected]
Craig
Old 03-27-2005, 09:40 PM

Default RE: Looking for all MN hunters please..

I signed a petion online for that.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:19 PM

Default RE: Looking for all MN hunters please..

Sounds like a worth while Bill.
Iadeerdude - Do you have the web site where you signed the petition? I would be interested in putting my name to that. Sure would make calling those yotes alot easier if it passed.