HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Michigan (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/93184-michigan.html)

recurver67 03-08-2005 09:29 AM

Michigan

Any one from Michigan or have you hunted here and where abouts.

truk 03-08-2005 10:17 AM

RE: Michigan

I live and hunt in Michigan, Mostly Clare,Hillsdale, and Shiawassee counties.

Icedragon 03-08-2005 11:18 AM

I live near Detrot and I hunt Near Munising Michigan in Da UP

XArmy55 03-08-2005 06:39 PM

Ottawa county... Hunt all over...

recurver67 03-08-2005 06:45 PM

Not to many, I live and hunt in Jackson co.

the Razorhead 03-09-2005 07:39 PM

from Kalamazoo...

hunt in Kalamazoo, Allegan, Lake and Wexford counties...

tmanmi 03-10-2005 08:30 AM

Live and hunt in Calhoun county.

buckstar 03-10-2005 07:45 PM

From Saginaw, hunt in Saginaw, Gratiot and Grand Traverse co.

BowDeer13 03-11-2005 11:35 AM

Live in Eaton County- Hunt in Eaton and Ingham Counties

IDOHUNT 03-11-2005 03:39 PM

Live in Otsego... mainly hunt in Allegan County, Barry County, Kalamazoo County and Emmet County.

Icedragon 03-11-2005 08:49 PM

Come on where is all the yooper hunters?

buckhunter14 03-13-2005 05:46 AM

Live in Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan. I hunt Kent, Delta, and Wexford/Lake counties.
Razorhead do you hunting north or south Wex. County? I hunt very south of it.

huntingmichigan 03-14-2005 08:50 AM

i live in mecosta county and hunt in osceola county

truk 03-14-2005 01:08 PM

Killed my first deer (spike 1972) in Osceola County

mmanincor 03-14-2005 03:10 PM

I'm from the UP and hunt Menominee Cty.

tpeltz 03-18-2005 07:59 PM

i live in Rogers City, Michigan, Presqule County, it's by alpeana. About 55miles away.

9th tine 03-19-2005 02:03 PM

I'm a Yooper ,Icedragon,
I live outside a small town of Powers,It's in Menominee County

Icedragon 03-19-2005 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 9th tine

I'm a Yooper ,Icedragon,
Do you hunt in that area as well? If so how is the hunting? Because I hunt near Munising and I havent seen many deer the past few years, im thinking about reloacting my spot.

recurver67 03-19-2005 05:58 PM

Nice buck truk. I started in 1983, my 1st was a nice 8pt. and it took awhile to top him.

bownutty 03-20-2005 11:25 AM

I'm a Yooper and my hunting spots are up here and are a secret!!! Some in Houghton Co, some in Keweenaw Co, some in Alger Co, and some in Marquette Co.

Icedragon 03-20-2005 11:48 AM

This is great I love chillin' with "Yoopers"

bownutty ive hunted in alger and in delta counties, I just wondering if you see much around there? (dont worry I dont want to know where you hunt anyways;))

kodiak41226 03-20-2005 10:05 PM

I'm a Yooper ,Icedragon,
I'm from Toledo, Ohio and hunt in this guys back yard apparently.

I was trying to think of how to describe where I hunted last year as I read all the posts and then I found this on and it said everything for me.

fisher120 03-21-2005 07:57 AM

Live in St. Louis, Michigan and mostly hunt in Midland county but do hunt some in Montcalm and Newago county, Have Sons-in-laws that live in those countys.

9th tine 03-23-2005 07:25 PM

Yeah there is pretty good hunting here,
I usually walk out my back door 1/4 mile through the feild and hunt the edge.Or head into the woods abit.
I also drive the Gruelling 3 1/2 miles to the other side of the block:D:D and head in from that side.
This past season I took a Big five point and a Nice eight point,Along with Three does.
I have yet to top nine poiunts though,I have taken Three of them in past season's
But as hunting goes you have to work at it.
Thats actually how I came up with my name for the board many years ago.
I look for that tenth point,But all I can count up to is the 9th tine.
If you ever get in my neck of the woods maybe we could get together.

bownutty 03-25-2005 01:19 PM

Icedragon,

Of course I'm seeing game there or I would not hunt there:D. The deer numbers seem to be down a bit, but there are still plenty to be had, they put the wolves back up here[&o]. I am going into Alger to chase turkeys in May and their flocks seem to be getting larger every year. Had a successfull season last year. Got a nice tom with the bow and my buddy shot his tom with the shotgun. One on the May opener and the other the next day. It was rough because we had to stay at camp for three more days with nothing to do but hit the lake and fish. Turkeys are inching their way further north as time goes by, so hopefully in the future you can hunt them further north, I live in Ishpeming Twp.

Icedragon 03-26-2005 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: bownutty

Icedragon,

Of course I'm seeing game there or I would not hunt there:D. The deer numbers seem to be down a bit, but there are still plenty to be had, they put the wolves back up here[&o]. I am going into Alger to chase turkeys in May and their flocks seem to be getting larger every year. Had a successfull season last year. Got a nice tom with the bow and my buddy shot his tom with the shotgun. One on the May opener and the other the next day. It was rough because we had to stay at camp for three more days with nothing to do but hit the lake and fish. Turkeys are inching their way further north as time goes by, so hopefully in the future you can hunt them further north, I live in Ishpeming Twp.
Yea wolves have destroyed the Deer population up there.

9th tine 03-28-2005 04:48 PM

Yeah the Idea to re-introduce the wolves was a bad idea,Some DNR had a brain fart when
they thought of doing that.
We already had coyote's and Big cat's even though they wouldn't admit to the cat's being here,Till someone hit one with a car.
But even so the Deer still seem to be doing OK.