Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Anybody bought a rifle in MO recently? >

Anybody bought a rifle in MO recently?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anybody bought a rifle in MO recently?

Old 03-01-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Anybody bought a rifle in MO recently?

Bought a rifle last Saturday, and I have to wait until Thursday to pick it up. The salesman called it in and said that they have been backed up and it is taking three to five days to approve the sale. Who do they call? Is this wait common? Do I have anything to worry about?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:23 PM

Default RE: Anybody bought a rifle in MO recently?

Well Ive bought both a rifle and a handgun recently and both were approved in minutes. I thought they had the federal check worked out where it was supposed to be very quick, and no more than a day or so, but I may be wrong. Ive never had to wait for more than a day, but usually it is approved in a few minutes.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:00 PM

Get a lawyer fast! You're going to the big house! I have always received long guns on the spot.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:08 AM

I guess I got some skeletons in the closet I didn't know about!! At least I'll get three squares.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:23 AM

I am not from MO, but in Illinois we have a call in system also. Mine always gets denied at first. Then approved later. Their is a convicted felon on file, with the same name as me. So they have to do more of a check because my name raises a red flag. But the approval usually comes in a few days. Kind of a pain, but have to play by the rules. Maybe that is what is happening with you.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:48 AM

Went and got it on Friday night. I think itwas somethingto do with Bass Pro, more so than the state. I got it and it shot great on Saturday! Thanks for all the input
Old 03-07-2005, 07:54 PM

I bought a shotgun late last year and was approved within minutes...start packing your bags...
Old 03-08-2005, 01:59 PM

3 hots and a cot with no heating bill.I'ts no wander theres no vacanceys in the big house. Glad you didn't have to check in
Old 03-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Spike

Up here in WI they have to call them in. Couple weeks ago I bought a new shotgun...30 minutes from the time I walked in the store till I walked out with the gun. Most of that time was deciding which gun to purchase.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

the nics system was shut down for a couple days to upgrade so they probably got backed up that is why you had to wait. Also if it had been a while since you last bought a gun that can slow things.

Quick Reply: Anybody bought a rifle in MO recently?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.