Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ill. Non residence deer Licences >

Ill. Non residence deer Licences

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ill. Non residence deer Licences

Old 02-18-2005, 09:10 AM

Default RE: Ill. Non residence deer Licences

Thanks Guys, I have a gut feeling something is right. I tried to get on line with the DNR but their Regs seem a bit confusing to me. I knew it was to good to be true.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:40 AM

Have one more question, How hard is it to get an out of state bowhunting Lic.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have one more question, How hard is it to get an out of state bowhunting Lic.
Last year they sold out in one day but it's the NR archery tags that are the subject of the lawsuit. The last I heard, it's likely the cap will be lifted but the license will not raise in price. i have high confidence in my source but it's certainly not finalized. Shotgun and Muzzy tags are by draw but availability, and therefore the odds of drawing a tag, has been very good the last few years.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

The last I heard, it's likely the cap will be lifted but the license will not raise in price. i have high confidence in my source
I hope you have a REAL good source. Our Director of the DNR as already come out and said he wants the NR archery tags at 375 dollars. Add your regular hunting license and your up to what 425???

They figure the cap will not hold so they will JACK the prices up to try to keep some people from coming. Its just going to hurt the regular hunter in this state and in the states around us. Because you know the other states will just raise their prices too................
Old 02-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

True Don. A buddy who lives across the river in Indiana and hunts both states told me he will not pay that kind of money to hunt whitetail deer. Likewise if I want to hunt on my family's land in Indiana all they have to do is charge a reciprocating fee and I won't pay it to hunt in Indiana.

I really doubt Illinois will raise the non-resident fee for 2005. Illinois is after money, and they will lose by raising it that high just to hunt deer. Shame is we pretty well know that much of the monies will be siphoned off for other state "needs".[:@]
Old 02-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isnt there also a rumor that the state isnt putting a limit at all on out of state tags? im hoping this is a rumor...[:-]
Old 02-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Heres what has been proposed so far.

HB1161 Amends the Wildlife Code. Provides that there shall not be a limit on the number of resident or non-resident archery deer hunting permits. Effective immediately.

Will have to see if it passes. Theres also the lawsuit out there against the state for restricting the NR's
Old 02-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

not just illinois theres also a lawsuit in arizona regarding the restricting of NR's there also.i for one don't understand whats behind all these other changes they are proposing though.why move the season up a month.why add crossbows.unless they want to drastically reduce the herd as they have done here in ga.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:42 PM

Money is why. The state has huge budget defeciets and they are looking for a quick and easy way to increase revenue through liscenes and than as well, Taxes on things provided to out of state hunters. The lawsuits of course are about the Outfitters making as much money as possible. It is VERY short sighted of the state and Outfitters to be pushing for unlimited tags as in a year or two there won't be many of the Trophy Deer that are attracting the big money from out of staters. They would probably be best served financially long term by pumbing up the NR tags in price and bumping up numbers by 20-25%. This would be an increase of 3000 or so tags which could bring in an extra 1.2 million in funds for the state and it would be sustainable long term probably. It will hurt the in state hunter a bit (Probably too much really) but it will be a far smaller impact than the Dugan proposal and what the lawsuit wants. I don't know.

It is amazing how shortsighted people become when they are staring a shiney nickel in the eye.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Il Rancher,

Excellent post. The state wants to make money and as fast as possible, This is a great way for them to do it but they dont see the damage it will do to ALL hunters.................[:@]

Quick Reply: Ill. Non residence deer Licences

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.