Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 WI DNR finally being held accountable >

WI DNR finally being held accountable

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI DNR finally being held accountable

Old 01-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WI DNR finally being held accountable

I don't mind a longer gun season but please don't start it on the 15th!
Old 01-29-2005, 12:28 PM

Who Knows What Will Happpen,lol Alota Stuff Floats Around With The WDNR
Old 01-31-2005, 09:45 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

I am pleased that the Conservation Congress is finally not just accepting the blather coming from the DNR. Hunters across the state have been told for years not to believe their eyes, that there were really WAY TOO MANY deer out there and the answer was Earn a Buck or t-zone. Now, after preseason predictions of as high a harvest as 600,000, we see a harvest of a little over 300,000, or about the same as last year. Then come the excuses from the DNR: "It was the weather", blah, blah blah...anything but, "Maybe we overestimated the population in many units".

So it is good to see the pressure building on the DNR to prove that the SAK model used to calculate deer population is even remotely accurate.

Just wait until the legislature starts to get involved after getting earfuls from hunters, the very group whose license fees fund wildlife management and a whole lot more.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bnhcomputing

Well Said!

I have no problem with crossbows for those that need them, but for ALL, no way. As a Safety Instructor, we would have to revamp the class to include crossbow and as stated, crossbow for all is ending regular bow hunting in Ohio.
Crossbows for all has been the rule for around 30 years BNH ,
it sure took those bastards a long time to usurp the bow seasons . Must be a communist plot , huh ?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:57 PM

What I Dont Like Is Bow Hunters Get To Long Of Season..Like September Till Late Dec.
What I Do Like Is They Can Hunt The Rut...Thats Cool. But Really Why Give The Bow Hunters So Many Months? It Should Be, September None. All Month October.. November Start The 2nd Week..And December Like 1 Week Because The 2nd Rut Is Around Then.
Also The EAB And Mostly T-Zone Suck...Now I Dont Bow Hunt But Gheese....Thats About When Rut Is And I Went Out This Year And All I Saw Was Bucks...So Really T-Zone...Put That Out So Bow Hunters Can Hunt The Rut. Also...It Pi$$es Me Off That The WDNR Say Ok Your Zones EAB...And Say Theres More Deer....There Going By How Many Deer Get Hit In That Zone...
If Dildo Doyle Wouldnt Have Cut The Bugets...The WDNR Could Go Out And Search These Areas For Deer Signs ETC...But No They Go By How Many Deer Get Hit In That Zone..That Dont Mean Theres More Deer Just Means There Dumb...Also If They Had The Money..We Could Catch Poachers ETC More Easy...They Catch Very Few Now...They Have Few If Any Planes...The WDNR Guy Here Rented A Plane With His Own Money To Search For People Shining..And Shooting..He Did Catch Them. If He Would'nt Have Rented A Plane...They Would Have Gotten Away With It...He Looked 51 Days Solid Looking For Them...Never Found Them But The 1st Day He Had A Plan He Rented With His Own Cash Because Of Dildo Doyles Budget Cuts....Then To Top It Or...Hunting License And Fishing Licenses Go Up To..
Old 02-05-2005, 05:04 AM

the bow season is longer because not as many deer are killed by bow as with gun as far as cross bows go most of the guys i have met who use a cb are older or injured it seems most bow hunters prefer compound or recurve to a cross bow here in Ohio you can use crossbows it dosnt seem to affect our deer herd mater of fact most counties in the south east were allowed 3 tags the rest of the state was 2 tags i think 1 county was only 1 tag
Old 02-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

turkeyhunter_15 What you fail to realize about the long bow season is that - 1st In the beginning of the season there is a full green conopy of cover and millions of bugs - 2nd There is the first T-Zone where you have to wear blaze orange and can only shoot does - 3rd The 9 day Gun season and the Monday following that is the Muzzle Loading season, so that eliminates 16 days - 4th The late T-Zone where supposedly needed.
Our long bow season as you put it has more interuptions that the Presidents State of the Union Address.