Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

[Deleted]

Old 09-09-2002, 09:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-09-2002, 12:33 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WI MEAT EATERS

I hunt 70B, and have since '99. I'd bet a paycheck that they find CWD there after the testing this fall.

Are we going to eat it? ABSOLUTELY!!! There's no way in hades that I'm taking deer and NOT eating them. Why even shoot the things then?

JRW
Old 09-09-2002, 08:51 PM

We are launching an ad campaign on the Packer Radio Network (70 radio stations) during packer games beginning Sept. 8, to get as much info out to the public as possible. We are co-sponsoring this with Safari Club International. The first ad features Gary Waterhouse. His dad was one of the 3 men the media led everyone to believe died from eating wild game. There is time to reverse the media hysteria.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:09 AM
nub

Seems to me I heard Gary give a statement while on his hunt in Alaska.

WDHC: Your email broke?
Old 09-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

I mostly hunt up near Menomonie,WI and Tomah and I WILL be eating my deer! Now, If I hunted in the "Hot Zone" I would have to think about that?????? Im not sure what I would be doing then. But I allready know my wife is freaking about it and said she wont eat anymore! Took me quite a few years to get her trained to eat venision and now this! Oh well...More for me I guess!

Old 09-10-2002, 06:15 PM

He did the taping over the phone from Alaska. Email is fine but I've been out of town a lot lately.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

mom wont' let us eat it.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-23-2002, 11:50 AM

I wil be hunting in the SW corner of the state and will be eating what I harvest. My wife may not, but that isn't anything new. I won't be taking as many tags this year, not because of CWD, But because I have a big duck hunting and pheasant hunt coming up and I only have limited freezer space. I still have an elk from Colorado (not worried about this meat either) and some venison from last year.

I really believe that CWD has been around , if not for decades,forever. I think it has been realized only through the technologies of testing and the extremely large quantities of deer in this state. We have had anywhere from 300,000-750,000 hunters in the Wisconsin woods for the past 30 years + and we haven't had any mass human brain afflictions from hunters or there families. I'm not an expert. I don't think there is one yet. But unless the scientists can prove there is a long term gestation period with these prions that affect humans.....I'M EATING MY VENISON !!!!!!

MC
Old 09-23-2002, 03:23 PM

Ate fresh tenderloins last night, from a northern Wisconsin deer, without hesitation. My wife does not want to eat any till results come back from testing, Feb, March, or April. And she dosen't want our kids eating any til then either. It's not worth argueing about.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.