Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet?? >

Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

Old 01-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

Haven't been out looking lately hopefully Sunday I will get out with my beagles and do some hunting/shed hunting. Good luck. - Buckhunter
Old 01-28-2005, 06:08 PM

I haven't found any sheds. I've found several dead deer. Two bucks and two does. The two bucks are 1 1/2 year olds. They're both basket rack 9 pointers.

Something I've been meaning to ask everyone is this. A couple of years ago I found a nice 8 pointer dead. I found this buck in a small woods that I had searched a couple of weeks before. It was about Mid-March when I found it. I took the head home and put it up in a tree. After a few days in the tree, the antlers fell off the head. Any thoughts on how or why this would happen???
Old 01-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know slim pickens. Did they come off exactly like they were sheds or did they have parts of the skull still on them?

Went out looking today. Have no luck with shed hunting but boy was the rabbit hunting wonderful. I limited out in about 3 hours with 5 bunnies but no sheds! Good luck to everyone!! - Buckhunter14
Old 01-30-2005, 04:42 PM

I found two sheds today. Half of a little 4 pointer and half of a nice 8 pointer. I saw about 40-50 deer. And only one buck with antlers. And he was large.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:03 PM

Not a thing in Jackson yet. I've been out twice with nothin to show. I think its a little early. "Yes", they do get knawed on alot more than you think. If theres any squirels or rodents around to find them first.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Spike

I agree with Super Dave.Antlers dont get chewed up near as fast as people think.First off the offending antler eaters need to find the sheds just like us.I've found sheds that have laid out a couple years without a scratch.I've even found sheds that have laid untouched by nothing more than the weather for so long that when you touch them they litterly crumble in your hands.Of course the flip side to that is I have also found them so chewed up they were'nt worth bringing home.I usually start earlier than other people looking for sheds because you never know what you will stumble onto while looking for sheds.Goodluck to all of you.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:17 PM

Two sheds I found 2/12/05 in gratiot co. Seen two bucks the same day with headgear attached.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy, alotta nice bucks still around since hunting season boys!! Can't wait for next year!!
Old 02-16-2005, 06:02 PM

There still on there heads!!!!! Soon
Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 PM

Yep, I have to agree. Went out again today and searched for 3hrs........zip,zero, zilch. I did see 4 bucks though still wearing headgear.

Quick Reply: Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.