Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet?? >

Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

Old 01-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

I found a pair of huge sheds. It was a brute 9 point. (5 on one, 4 on the other) But I thought it would be impossible for it to already be drops in Mid-lower michigan?? I couldn't believe it but there was no snow on the ground so they could have been last years?? They have a few very small chew marks in them and seem to be very dried out and a little faded.. Any thoughts? Thanks - Buckhunter14
Old 01-16-2005, 07:23 AM

Default RE: Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

i think they would be this years. If they were last years the would have some massive chew marks on them.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:33 PM

I would say this years sheds. I know for a fact that there dropping sheds around the chicago suburbs. A guy I know has been having good luck. Seems like it's happening alittle earlier this year for some reason?
Old 01-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks deer hunters and Scotty Mann!!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:01 PM

Your Welcome... Have you found any more sheds? I went for the first time today and found 1 after about 3 hrs. of walking. It is the right side of of a very heavy 8 pt.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't went this week but hoping to get out a little bit this weekend.. Maybe some rabbit hunting while looking for some sheds!! Good luck.. Where are you located deer-hunter? Thanks, -- Buckhunter14
Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 PM

im in eastern Iowa right on the edge of the Mississippi. Good luck to you rabbit hunting and shed hunting.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:35 AM
BHS

A friend of mine does a little recreational baiting. He recently went out to freshen the pile and found a perfect 8 lying on top of the bait. Maybe thats the secret...
Old 01-27-2005, 05:05 PM

The sheds you found were from last year or older. I've found hundreds in the UP and they wouldn't be faded already from this year. They also don't get chewed nearly as much as people think. That chewing thing is a wives tale for the most part, they normally get covered by debris within a year and that's why most are never found. I've found some that were several years old and were barely chewed, if at all. But it definitely takes many months for them to fade and dry out. Also, the deer in your area normally lose their antlers later.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:21 PM

They also don't get chewed nearly as much as people think. That chewing thing is a wives tale for the most part,
I have found several sheds in lower Mi. that are chewed up pretty good after only a few months. One 6pt. I found last april, that was dropped the previous year, was nearly ate completely. In fact, when I picked it up the main beam broke into 2 pieces because it was nawed so thin.

Quick Reply: Has anyone found sheds in Michigan yet??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.