Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 THis will get people fired up!!! >

THis will get people fired up!!!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

THis will get people fired up!!!

Old 12-16-2004, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: THis will get people fired up!!!

It's really hard to tell, since every state will have spots better than another. But since the question seems to be on the variety and quality of game hunted, I would have to say the Western Midwestern states would win.(Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana) My reasoning is because they have great whitetail, waterfowl, and pheasant hunting. In addition for ex. Kansas, since I'm familiar with it. Kansas supports huge Mule deer, antelope, and Elk. The are several B&C shot every year. Most people don't think of Kansas and associate elk but there are great numbers in N-C Kansas with a well established herd which monster elk are killed every year. Plus there are herds in SE Kansas also.

I think it's the variety of game that puts the western Midwest States in head of the eastern Midwest states. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:18 PM

i believe that the state with the best hunting in general would have to be michigan in the midwest new york in the northeast do to its size and texas or wyoming in the south
Old 12-18-2004, 11:16 PM

ok ok ok..out of all of this no one has mentioned nebraska..yes i am from nebraska and let me tell you..great hunting here..whitetailed deer mule deer turkey coyotes elk bighorn sheep pheasants dove quail duck squirrels rabbits..its just prime hunting area and ive hunted here ever since i was little..i tell you what..i would like to go other places to hunt..but if i had to chose over goin some place else to hunt and missin nebraska hunting for a year..i dont know if i could do it..
Old 12-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Iam from IL. and rather hunt in Ark. ducks, deer, bear, hogs, elk, snows everythingand lots of state ground and the laws are made up by good old boys.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

3 words for ya! Wis...con...sin
Old 12-20-2004, 06:59 PM

Id have to say wisconsin, BOOOYA!
Old 12-30-2004, 05:46 PM

My uncle and cousin -- big hunters -- say it's Montana hands down.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:28 PM

gotta represent Minnesota! i have taken a wide variety of game squirrels, coyotes, deer, ducks pheasants, etc. My friend has a farm out in west mn and they are stocked with game! I also go to South Dakota i have to admit its a good state for hunting and fishing too!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:21 PM

anywhere you can hunt is the best. if the tree hugging legislators could have their way we won't be hunting. hopefully we continue to ask "where is the best?" not "where was the best?"