Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Food Plots ?

Old 11-20-2004, 07:18 AM
rmw

Default Food Plots ?

I was wondering what has worked well for everyone ? Right now I have rye and clover planted but am thinking about trying Biologic next yr . Has anyone noticed a diff with these deer specific feeds ?
Old 11-21-2004, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Food Plots ?

I have plots mixed with red and white clover. If you are planting over 1 acre plotts don't by Biologic or any of the name brands. You can do a serch on New Zealand whiter clover and find a lot of companies that produce the seed for the big name brand companies a lot cheaper. I bought 25 lbs. 2 years or three years ago and paid less than $100 bucks for it including shipping from a company that has the contract with Tecamonte. the only difference is if you want the Chicory you will have to purchase that seperatly.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:20 AM
rmw

Default RE: Food Plots ?

right now I have 60 acres . With a 2 acre field and roads you can drive a truck down that have been plowed and planted in the past with rye and clover . The roads "surface area wise" add up to be about 4.5 acre . This spring I plan to clear 3 new areas , one will be about 1 acre the other two will be about .5 . I will be able to get at all 3 with a plow / disc . I planted some white clover from the local elevator in the past but the deer seemed to eat the rye more "clover leaves were not very big" Do the New Zeeland clovers have a bigger leaf ? And are you saying not to buy the name brands because of cost ? I'm no farmer so anyone's help is appreciated