Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin EAB Units >

Wisconsin EAB Units

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin EAB Units

Old 11-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin EAB Units

What is evryone's feeling on the Earn-A-Buck. The only complaint I have is that I think the EAB-T Zone hunt should be at least 2 weeks earlier than it is. The land I was hunting in Oconto County I had been seeing a dandy 10 pointer. I saw him several times just out of bow range, then along comes the EAB-T Zone hunt and Poof he's gone nocternal. I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since. But I know he's still there judging by the size of rubs I've seen. At least if that hunt was a couple of weeks earlier the deer could get back into a more normal pattern before the rut starts. That's my feeling on the subject.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:38 PM

Default RE: Wisconsin EAB Units

I have heard many mixed feelings on Wisconsin's Earn-A-Buck program. I personally like the program, my area like most areas there is a very overpopulation of does. The buck doe ratio is very out of proportion and since most land around is private there isn't much anyone can do to change this without a change in regulations. I havn't had any problems getting my does, since I bow hunt, I filled them both the first two weekends I hunted. I can see why some would dislike the program though, being if they're unable to get a doe. The special EAB-T Zone hunts could be a few weeks earlier for us bow hunters, but for the disabled hunters and the young men serving in the military, they're able to use these hunts to tag a buck. For them it's a great opportunity to get that buck of their dreams when they may have their guard down and I think its a great idea. Good luck to all in the upcoming opener!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Wisconsin EAB Units

I hunt in a EAB zone and it has been that way for the last two years. We had no problem seeing does until we had to shoot them. It was than that we saw a lot more bucks. In fact in one day we had to pass up 8-9 good sized bucks cause we did not have our does. It was not that much of a problem, it was just as much fun, we got some good picture of the bucks but, some of them would have been great wall mounters. This year we got our does in a zone t hunt so this coming weekend we can shoot those big ol bucks. I guess we can complain all we want or we can just go out there blastin and get the does first. For my family it aint that bad cause we go through a lot of meat each year.
Good luck this coming weekend.