Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 new hunter in IL need some help with classes >

new hunter in IL need some help with classes

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

new hunter in IL need some help with classes

Old 11-14-2004, 12:34 PM

Default new hunter in IL need some help with classes

Hi,

I am new to hunting is the sence of doing the kill. But I have help friends and family get setup in are back yard for years and have even helped on the cleaning. This year I go my gun lisence but now I need to take a hunter safty course before I can get my hunting lisence. The problem is that no one in my area knows when we are having one. I live up in the McHenry area. Can someone plase help me? I am looking to take up Deer, Goose, and Duck because they are all in my backyard. I would like to see if I can get some hunting in this year if I can.

Thanks,
Old 11-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new hunter in IL need some help with classes

I believe the DNR website has a list of hunter safety classes listed. I'm afraid you are out of luck for this fall.

Don't forget your FOID card and habitat stamp!

Good luck!
Old 11-14-2004, 06:22 PM

I went on there and I could not find it, and when I e-mailed them they never got back to me. That is were I started running out of idea's. I guess I am going to have to try and find there number and call them. I just want to get setup for next season. I do not think I will get anything in this for hunting but wanted to try for just incase.

I just have to learn how to clean goose and ducks though. I have done a deer but I know for sure I am to late to get a permit for that.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

try this clicky here ,or this click
Old 11-14-2004, 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: george_s

try this clicky here ,or this click
Thanks. I could not find that page before. Nothing close to me till Feb it looks like.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:33 AM

I HAVE TAUGHT HUNTER ED FOR APX 15 YEARS, THE CLASSES ARE USALLY IN THE LATE SUMMER OR EARLY FALL. I TEACH 2 CLASSES PER YEAR AND TRY TO HAVE THE LAST ONE THE WEEKEND BEFORE UPLAND GAME SEASON. I THINK MOST OF THE INSTRUCTORS WOULD THINK THE SAME WAY.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:08 PM

Thanks. I did find out that I do not have to go to a class to get a permit though since I was born in 1979. I am still going to take one though. I am very tempted though for when I get my gun to see if I can get a permit for ducks and geese though. I do not know if I can this late though. What is getting to me is that the 3 hunters we have back there just want the geese so even with 6 ducks sitting right in the pond they are going down the creek to get to the geese. I love duck.

When you walk down there they ducks fly up and go to a perfect spot for a shot and a drop spot. It is just getting to me.

I guess I will have to see though. I am realy looking foward to next season though. If I can just get 1 deer a few ducks and a few geese I will be so happy.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:02 PM

You might try calling around to gun/sporting goods stores and asking. You might find someone willing to help you out.