Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Opening day in Wi >

Opening day in Wi

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Opening day in Wi

Old 11-14-2004, 12:32 PM

Default Opening day in Wi

Opening day in wisconsin isnt looking to great..Right now I think the forecast has said 51 with 60% chance of rain...Im 21....When I was 12,13,14 there was already snow on the ground by opening day, Where have those days gone? Hopefully they are wrong and some big cold front moves in...Good Luck to all you Wisconsin Gun Hunters
Old 11-14-2004, 07:22 PM

Default RE: Opening day in Wi

i liked my first year, it was snowing that day. o man will i remember that forever. good luck.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been hunting up north of Hayward Wisconsin for about 37 years now, and we've had weather all the way from -20 degrees to 70 above zero, not too long ago on the 70 BTW, and anything from rain to sleet to a darn blizzard, 2003.

as they say in Wisconsin, if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:17 PM

Im not to worried about the weather I guess...There will be enough hunters in the woods over the weekend pushing deer to move...Just hate the rain, Got rained out during the tzone, Just would hate to get drenched again
Old 11-15-2004, 08:29 PM

The Tzone was good to me now if I can get the same luck I will be in happy land!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:08 AM

Too warm and too wet is the way it looks.
I will hunt in any weather, but the warm wet days are far from ideal.

I've deer hunted in Wisconsin for the past 26 years and the one thing I know for a fact is that the weather forecast is rarely accurate.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:06 AM

I'm 24 and only this will be my 3rd season gun hunting. So, I've never hunted in the snow, but I would like to. Seems like WI weather never works out for me [:@]
Old 11-16-2004, 12:13 PM

The closer we get to opening day the dryer the weather is looking. Earlier in the week they were calling for rain on Saturday and Sunday, then they were calling for rain on Friday and Saturday, now weather.com is saying scattered showers on Saturday. Opening day is supposed to be pretty warm, 47, but after that it's suppose to be in the 30's all week for highs. I think it's shaping up into a great season to hunt, I'm going to hunt all 9 days so I'm not worried if the opener isn't that great, I'll be hunting no matter what the weather. Good luck to all and I remember, Wisconsin weather is as unpredictable as our whitetails.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:02 PM

This will be my first time hunting in WI... my fiancee's family is from Marinette, and we'll be hunting near Crivitz (I think). Anyway, yeah, I'm a little discouraged because of the weather report, but the temps are dropping and so are the chances of rain, even though they still aren't good. Last year in MN it was -18 on opener morning with snow in the Staples/Motley, MN area... too bad we didn't see that snow again.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:57 AM

I live in the CWD zone so its been warm all season except for 2 crisp/frosty days last week, However I love the rain now since few hunters are out and you can still hunt the ridges and flood plains around the WI River. not as noisy! Anyone live out this way? Looking to get with a group since I just moved back to the area especially interested in hunting the islands on the river

Quick Reply: Opening day in Wi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.